X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting Prolactin 80 microUI/ml to ng/ml

Please can somebody help me in this conversion?

Prolactin 80 microUI/ml to ng/ml

Thanks,

Paula.

Re: Converting Prolactin 80 microUI/ml to ng/ml

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Please can somebody help me in this conversion?

Prolactin 80 microUI/ml to ng/ml

Thanks,

Paula.
    Note: µIU/mL = mIU/L

Wikipedadia quoting the The Immunoassay Handbook, Third Edition, says: normal for women is 2.8-29.2ng/mL or 59-619mIU/L. So your result is about 3.8ng/mL

Have a read of the whole article if you like, a bit heavy going and way way way more than you ever wanted to know about prolactin!!!!.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prolactin

Comment

Note, i don't have access to the The Immunoassay Handbook, so cannot validate the accuracy or otherwise of the information in this article.

Comment

Apologies for a reply to a question from 3-4 years ago: The original conversion for prolactin was based on a finding that 2.5 ug "pure" human prolactin protein (i.e., the International Std. 84/500) comprised 53 mIU. While the purity during this experiment may be questioned, the resultant conversion is:

1 ug = 21.2 mIU
        1 ng = 0.0212 mIU
        1 ng/ml = 0.0212 mIU/ml
        1 ng/ml = 21.2 mIU/l

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Apologies for a reply to a question from 3-4 years ago: The original conversion for prolactin was based on a finding that 2.5 ug "pure" human prolactin protein (i.e., the International Std. 84/500) comprised 53 mIU. While the purity during this experiment may be questioned, the resultant conversion is:

1 ug = 21.2 mIU
          1 ng = 0.0212 mIU
          1 ng/ml = 0.0212 mIU/ml
          1 ng/ml = 21.2 mIU/l
          Hi, Are you the original poster? - Thanks for coming back, your data means the Wikipedia article is accurate, if you used a different source. Are you able to put up enough info that i could use google to find a link to an article to indicate the validity of this? (Guest users can't post links, but i'll put it up in this thread for you).

Thanks very much.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
          Working...
          X

Debug Information