X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MEQ to mmol conversion

I am in Costa Rica. They do not have my potassium prescription available here. I take 10 MEQ's of Klor-Con twice a day. They do have a liquid form available but it is measured in mmol's. Can you tell me how much I would take of that to equal my current prescription? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Etodolac

I am currently residing in Costa Rica. I take 500 MG twice a day of Etodolac. This drug is not available in Costa Rica. They do have something called ketorolaco that they think may be similiar. Do you know if it is and if so how much I should take. If it is not could you suggest another drug that I might take in its place? Thanks so much for any help you may be able to provide.

Comment

Re: MEQ to mmol conversion

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I am in Costa Rica. They do not have my potassium prescription available here. I take 10 MEQ's of Klor-Con twice a day. They do have a liquid form available but it is measured in mmol's. Can you tell me how much I would take of that to equal my current prescription? Thanks for any help you can provide.
      The difference between equivalents and moles is the number of elementary charges the ion gives up or takes on. For potassium, it is one elementary charge so 1 meq = 1 mmol.

For something like calcium, with 2 charges, it would be 2 meq = 1 mmol

Comment

Thanks for your help. So for potassium 1 MEQ equals 1 mmol. That being the case how to now convert that to teaspoons. They only have liquid form in Costa Rica. How many teaspoons should I take to equal 10 MEQ's. The bottle shows it has 150 mL's. This is so confusing?!?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Thanks for your help. So for potassium 1 MEQ equals 1 mmol. That being the case how to now convert that to teaspoons. They only have liquid form in Costa Rica. How many teaspoons should I take to equal 10 MEQ's. The bottle shows it has 150 mL's. This is so confusing?!?!?!?
          Somewhere on the bottle there should be a "strength" statement that tells how many millimoles of active ingredient per milliliter. Medicines are not 100% active ingredient and can be mixed to different strengths. Unless you can find that statement, there is no way to know. A teaspoon is almost exactly 5 mL.

Comment

Working...
          X