X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• convert psi to liters per min

I have a tanker that is being filled by a pump with a pressure rating of 50 psi. My problem is that I need to know how many liters per minute can escape should I over fill my tank with the pump.

Re: convert psi to liters per min

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have a tanker that is being filled by a pump with a pressure rating of 50 psi. My problem is that I need to know how many liters per minute can escape should I over fill my tank with the pump.
    The pump should have flow rates specified at various pressures. You really need that flow rate. Just the pressure rating doesn't tell you much of anything.

Comment

Urgent help please :

I use 15 l/min medical oxygen through a medical Oxygen regulator. The bottle with regulator fell and my regulator is broken. Due to my remote location i can not get a replacement and could only get hold of a gentec (model 152X series) normal oxygen regulator. My problem is that this regulator only indicate flow in psi.

How do i convert this to know how many psi will be equal to 15 l/min.

Please
      Regards
      Hennie

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Urgent help please :

I use 15 l/min medical oxygen through a medical Oxygen regulator. The bottle with regulator fell and my regulator is broken. Due to my remote location i can not get a replacement and could only get hold of a gentec (model 152X series) normal oxygen regulator. My problem is that this regulator only indicate flow in psi.

How do i convert this to know how many psi will be equal to 15 l/min.

Please
        Regards
        Hennie
        There is no direct relationship between the pressure and the flow. There is a relationship between differential prssure and flow:
        *In a long, small diameter pipe
        *Or across a pinhole orifice.
        You would have to know the nature of the restriction in your breathing apparatus to determine the relationship between differential pressure and flow.

I assume your other regulator is calibrated in flow but actually measures pressure and is calibrated for a particular orifice. Perhaps a call to the manufacturer could get you the necessary information.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X