X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• convert 12 micron polyester to gsm

Can anybody please help me to convert 12 micron polyester ( density approx 1.4 gsm per cubic centimeter ) to gsm ????? does the density of different material effects the formula to convert ?? please post the formula as well along with the answer.
    Last edited by IHD1208; 01-23-2011, 09:59 PM. Reason: needed to add density

Re: convert 12 micron polyester to gsm

Originally posted by IHD1208 View Post
    Can anybody please help me to convert 12 micron polyester ( density approx 1.4 gsm per cubic centimeter ) to gsm ????? does the density of different material effects the formula to convert ?? please post the formula as well along with the answer.
    Converting everything to centimeters, a 1 m square has a volume of
    100 cm x 100 cm x 0.0012 cm = 12 cm
    12 cm x 1.4 g/cm = 17 g. Since it is a 1 m square, that is 17 g/m or 17 gsm.

This assumes it is a plastic sheet. If it woven cloth from 12 m diameter thread, it is necessary to account for the weave and air spaces and I don't know how to do it.

Comment

Re: convert 200 micron of ldpe sheet to gsm

kindly convert 200 micron ldpe plastic sheet to grams per squre meter

Comment

Originally posted by IHD1208 View Post
        Simply multiply i. e 12*1.4=16.8 gms is ans
        and different material effects the gsm

Comment

Re: convert 200 micron of ldpe sheet to gsm

kindly convert 200 micron ldpe plastic sheet to grams per squre meter

Comment

I do not know the answer. please show Method to convert Microns into GSM for Plastic Films

Awaiting reply. Regards Jitendra P. dave

Comment

Originally posted by jitendra dave View Post
              I do not know the answer. please show Method to convert Microns into GSM for Plastic Films

Awaiting reply. Regards Jitendra P. dave
              Hi, the answer is in post # 2, but first you have to understand a property called "density". This is how much something weighs compared to how much space it takes up.

We all "know" this in reality but find difficult to apply. For example, you know that a sheet of metal of 12 m thick will be much heavier than the same sized sheet of plastic.

What you might not realise is that the same sized 12 m sheets of different plastics may have different weights, hence the Grams per Square Meter rating.

get back to us if you can't find the density of your plastic.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
              Working...
              X

Debug Information