dry vs. wet clay cubic yardage to weight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dry vs. wet clay cubic yardage to weight

I'd like to know what the approximate weights would be for 1 cubic yard of dry clay vs. 1 cubic yard of wet clay; would you please help out? I'm being charged by weight for hauling material off my jobsite, I watch the number of dump trucks being loaded and know how many cubic yards they're capable of carrying. I'd like to have a better idea of the material weights to be more certain that I'm not being taken and over-charged, thank you

Re: dry vs. wet clay cubic yardage to weight

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'd like to know what the approximate weights would be for 1 cubic yard of dry clay vs. 1 cubic yard of wet clay; would you please help out? I'm being charged by weight for hauling material off my jobsite, I watch the number of dump trucks being loaded and know how many cubic yards they're capable of carrying. I'd like to have a better idea of the material weights to be more certain that I'm not being taken and over-charged, thank you
    I use a material estimating sheet I downloaded off web from ACS Industries. It gives 2700 lb/ydł wet lumps, 1820 lb/ydł dry lumps.

For clay mixed with gravel, it gives 3080 lb/ydł wet, 2700 lb/ydł dry.

Another sheet (source isn't clearly labelled) but all in metric converts to 2500 lb/ydł dry, 2900 lb/ydł wet.

Obviously, there is a range. I'm guessing the ACS sheet is a bit light on the dry estimate.

Comment

Re: dry vs. wet clay cubic yardage to weight

Thank you very much for your kind assistance and helpful information

Comment

Working...
      X