X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drug concentration

I have a drug that I prepared at 1 mM stock solution. However, one study uses the drug at a concentration of 2 ug/ml. How do I find out how much volume of the drug I should use in 1 mL? I'm not sure how to convert 1 mM to ug/ml.

The MW of the drug is 3413.9 g/mol and solubility in H2O is 1 mg/ml.

Re: Drug concentration

Originally posted by kgnim View Post
    I have a drug that I prepared at 1 mM stock solution. However, one study uses the drug at a concentration of 2 ug/ml. How do I find out how much volume of the drug I should use in 1 mL? I'm not sure how to convert 1 mM to ug/ml.

The MW of the drug is 3413.9 g/mol and solubility in H2O is 1 mg/ml.
    Hi, a concentration of 1mM means 1 millimole per litre, in your case 3413.9mg/L, or 3.41mg/mL.

Obviously this is more concentrated than the 1mg/mL solubility you are quoting, is it possible you made up a solution that is 1M (1 micromolar)?

This would be 3.41mg/L, or 3.41g/mL, a bit closer to the other study, and not outside the solubility.

Comment

I actually used less water to reconstitute the powder than required. I ended up with a 1 mM stock solution, and I use 10 micromolar working solution in 1 mL.

I did some calculations using the 3.41 mg/mL concentration of 1 mM. If I wanted to get 20 ug/mL in 1 mL, I would only need 5.8 uL. Is that correct?

Comment

Originally posted by kgnim View Post
        I actually used less water to reconstitute the powder than required. I ended up with a 1 mM stock solution, and I use 10 micromolar working solution in 1 mL.

I did some calculations using the 3.41 mg/mL concentration of 1 mM. If I wanted to get 20 ug/mL in 1 mL, I would only need 5.8 uL. Is that correct?
        1000L x 20/3410 = 5.8L diluted to 1mL total to give 20g/mL, so yes, that is correct.

Comment

Working...
        X