X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert ug to mL

Im so confused I dont know how to convert ug to mL.The dose is 10 ug/kg and the patients weight is 60 kg. The solution is available in 2 forms: 1 mL single use vial containing 300 ug or a 1.6 ml single use containing 480 ug.

Now the questions are...What is the daily dose?
    How many mLs would be drawn up to for each single injection?

Re: Convert ug to mL

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Im so confused I dont know how to convert ug to mL.The dose is 10 ug/kg and the patients weight is 60 kg. The solution is available in 2 forms: 1 mL single use vial containing 300 ug or a 1.6 ml single use containing 480 ug.

Now the questions are...What is the daily dose?
    How many mLs would be drawn up to for each single injection?
    The patient dose is weight-based dose (10 g/kg) x patient weight (60 kg) or 600 g. I can't tell from the wording of your question whether this is each dose or the daily dose, divided into a number of smaller doses..

The conversion to volume depends on the concentration or strength of the medicine. Both forms have a concentration of 300 g/mL, and you have to divide by it (or multiply by the inverse)
    600 g x 1 mL/300 g = 2 mL

Comment

Re: Convert

This is the full question
      A patient is given a solution for 8 days. The dose is 10ug/kg/day as a single inj each day. The patient weight 60 kg. The soloution is available in 2 forms: 1 ml containing 300ug or 1.6 mL containing 480 ug.

Now the questions are...
      What is the daily dose?
      How many mLs would be drawn up for single inj?
      Which vial would I use?
      How many vials would u dispense for 8 days?

Comment

Re: Convert

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        This is the full question
        A patient is given a solution for 8 days. The dose is 10ug/kg/day as a single inj each day. The patient weight 60 kg. The soloution is available in 2 forms: 1 ml containing 300ug or 1.6 mL containing 480 ug.

Now the questions are...
        What is the daily dose?
        How many mLs would be drawn up for single inj?
        Which vial would I use?
        How many vials would u dispense for 8 days?
        So you give 600 g or 2 mL once a day, as previously worked out.
        Neither vial is big enough. I don't know if it is feasible to get every last drop out of the vials, but at least 2 of the 1 mL vials must be used each day.

Comment

Re: Convert ug to mL

Thank you so much!

Comment

Working...
          X