X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume of Air Under Pressure

I have a 1000Lt Compressed Air Receiver at 8Bar. How many liters of air is contained within the vessel.

Please may someone help me with a formula for this as I have different size vessels at different pressure to work out.

Thanks

please include units in your reply- i.e. Bar, Liters, etc.
    Last edited by Crayber; 11-15-2011, 05:28 PM. Reason: additional info

Re: Volume of Air Under Pressure

Here's a start
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideal_gas_law

Comment

Thank You HerrWarum

Unfortunately the page you sent me to is very complicated to the untrained eye.

Does anybody know of a simplified version. I only need to know the volume (in liters or cubic meters) of air stored in a 1000Lt Air Vessel which is pressurized to 8Bar.

my end result is the time it takes to release that volume of air if released at 370Lt/min.

Comment

Assuming it is being released at the same temperature it is stored at, you have a 1000L vessel at 8 Bar. You will eventually end up with 1000L left at 1.01 bar. (call it 1 bar).

Assuming you can control the release rate fairly precisely, you want to know how much time it takes to get from 8bar to 1 bar.

Probably the easiest way of understanding this for your future reference is to ask yourself "If all my air was originally at 1 bar, how many 1000L containers would this occupy?" - As air pressure is almost directly proportional to content, the answer is about 8 1000L cylinders. (8000L)

So your question is really, how long will it take to use up 7000L at the rate of 370L/min?

7000/370 = about 18 or 19 minutes.

* this only applies to gases that obey the ideal gas law, air more or less does, as long as it is fairly dry.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X