Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert cfm to SCFM

Hi all..

My compressor spec is 1460cfm.How do i know the spec in scfm?Anyone can help?..

Re: Convert cfm to SCFM

Originally posted by chralham View Post
    Hi all..

My compressor spec is 1460cfm.How do i know the spec in scfm?Anyone can help?..
    You have to know at what temperature and pressure that is measured and what temperature and pressure that industry considers "standard". Compressors are rated in volume of free air, so conditions are essentially atmospheric pressure and room temperature. It might need some minor adjustment depending on altitude above sea level, and temperature when measured, but it will be close to "standard."

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

Our Compressor spec is [link removed]t temperature is 35deg C and pressure is 8.5bar.Air intake temperature also at 35deg C.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Thanks for your reply.

Our Compressor spec is [link removed]t temperature is 35deg C and pressure is 8.5bar.Air intake temperature also at 35deg C.
        This article shows ALL the data you need to convert between "actual" and "standard." http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/sc...fm-d_1012.html

Compressors are always rated in terms of "free air" volume, so this is based on temperature, pressure and humidity of inlet air, vs standard conditions.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X