X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need help fast on how to figure acres

i have ten acres that i need to split into half a five acre peice i need to know how many feet to go down the fence line. the ten acre piece is retangular

Re: i need help fast on how to figure acres

You need to know one of the dimensions.

Unless the land is a perfect square, you need to know at least one dimension in addition to the area. Either the length or width, and you can calculate the other.

Comment

An acre of land is 208' by 208'

A 10 acre piece 2 acres deep (416') would have a length of 5 acres (1040')

dividing it in half along its length would leave you two peices of land roughly 416' by 520'

Comment

The Property I Am Looking At Is Not Square But More Of A Triangle Area. The Footage On Each Side Is As Follows:

Side A= 1930 Feet
        Side B= 1676 Feet
        Side C= 2316 Feet

How Do You Figure Acreage?

Comment

Do you want ot end up with two triangles, or one triangle, and one triangle shape with the top chopped off? I can't remember what this shape is called, sorry. You might be best to draw the original, complete shape to scale on a peice of paper, with the correct dimensions and angles for each side, and then draw a line where you want the disecting line to be. You should then be able to measure the lengths off on your peice of paper. Good luck with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Fogt

Unless the land is a perfect square, you need to know at least one dimension in addition to the area. Either the length or width, and you can calculate the other.

i have some land 495' ft by 495', how many acres is this?

Comment

495 feet * 495 feet = 245025 square feet

245025 square foot / 43560 = 5.625 acre

Comment

what is acreage for 162' x 269' ????

Comment

162 feet * 269 feet = 43578 square feet

Since 1 acre = 43,560 square feet, I would estimate the above and call it 1 acre, though technically its 1.0004 acre.

Comment

i have 2.12 acres of land the road frontis 586 one side is 386 the other side is 386 how much road frontage do i need to have one acre

Comment

43,560 square feet / 386 feet = 112.85 feet

Though an area of land 586 feet by 386 feet is 5.19 acres, not 2.12 acres.

Comment

neat forum, maybe you guys can help me with something.
                        I figure since this string is about acres, i'll post my question here.
                        I do clearing with heavy equipment and on this certain job its paying "per acre" instead of by the job, or equipment hour, which is the norm for me.
                        anyway here is my question.
                        I know that an acre is 208.7 feet X 208.7 feet

I have 2 roadways to clear. One is 30' wide, and the other is 85' wide.

could I figure the acres as follows?

208.7' - 30' = 178.7' , then add the 178.7 from side "A" to the
                        208.7' on side "B" to equal 387.4' , simply making a "square" into a rectangle.
                        adding the subtracted footage off one side to the other side to figure the acreage of the cleared roadway?

Comment

Just multiply the width in feet by the length in feet to get the square feet. Then divide by 43560 to get acres.

So if you're clearing a road 30 feet wide that is 500 feet long:
                          30 feet * 500 feet = 15000 square feet
                          15000 square feet / 43560 = 0.3 acres

Comment

I have an oddball size piece of land.

side one measures: 378 feet
                            side two measures: 427 feet
                            side three measures: 152 feet
                            side four measures: 337 feet

What is the acrage and what is the formula for coverting to square feet?

Thanks so very much.

Comment

That's called an irregular polygon, and you cant calculate the area without additional information.

The easiest information to gather would be the length of at least one of the diagonals. Though if you could also measure the angles that would work too.

The way these odd shapes are calcuated is by splitting them up into two triangles and measuring the area of each. That is why you need to know the length of the diagonals.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                              Working...
                              X

Debug Information