to convert mg/ml to ugs (micrograms)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to convert mg/ml to ugs (micrograms)

how would I convert say 10 mg/ml to 50ugs (micrograms)
    could someone help me ?

thank you

D

Re: to convert mg/ml to ugs (micrograms)

10 mg/mL = 10 痢/無

50 痢 of something that's 10 痢/無 would have a volume of 5 無, or 0.005 mL.

Comment

I would need more information......

for example if you asked, how can I convert 10mg/ml to ug/ml I would answer, multiply 10mg/ml x 1000 ug/mg = 10000ug/ml.

To get from a 10mg/ml solution to a 50ug/ml solution you would take 5.0ml of your first solution and dilute that to 1000ml, preferably using a volumetric flask to get 50ug/ml.

Comment

Can anyone help me convert 20.8mg/ml into 3.47ug/ml? It needs to go into a 10ml final volume. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
          Can anyone help me convert 20.8mg/ml into 3.47ug/ml? It needs to go into a 10ml final volume. Thank you!
          Hi, please don't be offended, but why do you need to do this if you don't know how? - I'm a bit concerned at the number of people asking complicated medical or biochemistry type dilution questions without understanding the mechanics of dilution? - Thanks.

Comment

How would you dilute a concentrattion of 620mg/ml to a working concentration of 310ug/ml?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              How would you dilute a concentrattion of 620mg/ml to a working concentration of 310ug/ml?
              Take any convenient volume and dilute it to 2000X that volume

(or decide what final volume you want, divide it by 2000 and take that much of your stock solution)

For example, to make 1 L of the dilute solution, take 0.5 mL of stock solution, dilute to 1 L in volumetric flask.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs X View Post
                Hi, please don't be offended, but why do you need to do this if you don't know how? - I'm a bit concerned at the number of people asking complicated medical or biochemistry type dilution questions without understanding the mechanics of dilution? - Thanks.
                They are called students. This is how they learn.

Comment

By asking strangers on the Internet? We're pretty good (hopefully) but one might hope that their instructors would instruct better.

Comment

I do appreciate your point, but bear in mind that if you are a student asking your tutor, your tutor knows what experiment you are doing, and what you should and shouldn't understand about the subject or field. People come on here without giving any background, we could be giving totally inappropriate information to a crook or psycho.

I'd MUCH rather people said what discipline they are studying, what sort of experiment they are doing, and why they think they don't understand what they are trying to do.

Sorry for the rant, by the way.

Comment

Hello all, I'm trying to solve a problem with the ug/ml conversion rates, and really would appreciate some help please!
                      I'll do my best to explain the mixtures/variables that I'm working with and what I'm trying to accomplish, so that hopefully, someone here can help me understand what I need to do to get the outcome right.

*I am working with a water treatment ozone generator, which puts out an ozone gas at the rate of 80ug/ml output.
                      *I am working with a low air flow pump that is metered by 1/8; 1/4; 1/2; 3/4; 1 LPM for precision with air flow output. {The Air Flow is the controlling means for my experiment}
                      *I am working with a 500ml. lab tube bubblier which the mixture of air/ozone gas is feed into the 500ml. water, and the final ug/ml saturation of the ozone/air in the water bubblier should come out to be no less than 50 ug/ml and no more than 60 ug/ml.

*The tubing from the air flow regulator in feed into the ozone generator inlet port and the ozone gas/air mixture is mixed and then feed out the outlet port, into a tubing that then goes to the water bubblier, which is of course vented with a filter at the top, and the water can be drained out the bottom drain cock.
                      Unfortunately, I do not have use of the testing equipment for this experiment, so the mathematical calculations must be correct.
                      I am assuming that the air flow metering will have to be adjusted to maintain the proper ug/ml control between a 500ml mixed saturation and a 100ml mixed saturation. Considering that the ozone/air saturation in the volume of water would become stronger with the difference of 500ml water mixture, verses the 100ml volume. So I need to factor in at what level that the air flow regulator needs to be adjusted to compensate.
                      In my research thus far, I've concluded that an approx. 1/4 LPM air flow would be the most likely to start with the mix of 80ug/ml gas output, to derive at or in the range of a 50/60 gamma or ug/ml. But I'm not certain of the correct mathematical formula to figure out these 3 variables, {air flow rate/gas rate=water volume saturation} for the right ug/ml outcome.
                      So my questions are:
                      >At what air flow rate would I need to result in a gas saturation of 50-60 ug/ml in 500ml of water volume?
                      >What would be the flow rate needed to result in the same 50/60 ug/ml saturation at 100ml of water volume?
                      If this problem is too complex to figure out for anyone, I'll certainly understand as it certainly goes over my head!

Comment

If I have a stock solution Z of 10 ug/ml and I want 25ng/ml. How much volume of the stock (in ul) do I need to take and place in 4ml to give me 25 ng/ml?

25 ng * (ml/10,000ng) * (1000 ul/ ml) = 2.5 ul

BUT since I have 4 ml of solution I will be placing Z in, I need to multiply by 4
                        2.5 * 4 = 10 ul

Is this correct?

Comment

If I have a stock solution Z of 10 ug/ml and I want 25ng/ml. How much volume of the stock (in ul) do I need to take and place in 4ml to give me 25 ng/ml?

25 ng * (ml/10,000ng) * (1000 ul/ ml) = 2.5 ul

BUT since I have 4 ml of solution I will be placing Z in, I need to multiply by 4
                          2.5 * 4 = 10 ul

Is this correct?
                          Yes, but don't place the stock in 4 mL, you make a (very) minor error. Take some fraction of the final volume (say 3.9 mL) add the stock to that if you have to mix in that sequence, then add more solvent to make up 4 mL total.

25 ng/mL x 4 mL = 100 ng
                          100 ng x 1 mL/10 痢 = 10 無
                          You need 10 L of stock, dilute to 4 mL total
                          If you add 10 無 to 4 mL, you'll have 4.01 mL

Comment

How do I get 20mg I got a 5.0ml pull back....can any on help me..or text me 4436940097

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs X View Post
                              I do appreciate your point, but bear in mind that if you are a student asking your tutor, your tutor knows what experiment you are doing, and what you should and shouldn't understand about the subject or field. People come on here without giving any background, we could be giving totally inappropriate information to a crook or psycho.

I'd MUCH rather people said what discipline they are studying, what sort of experiment they are doing, and why they think they don't understand what they are trying to do.

Sorry for the rant, by the way.
                              Students don't always have access to their instructors when they're at home doing hw so the internet is the second best place to learn. The person is asking a simple dilution question (this is definitely not complex medical/biochemistry dilutions), I don't understand why you want to know their entire life history. You don't have to know the experiment to help someone with a simple dilution!

Comment

Working...
                              X