Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do You Convert Cubic Yards To Tons?

Hello I Was Hoping You Could Tell Me How To Convert Cubic Yards To Tons. The Material Is Abc. ( Aggregate Base Course ) It Is For A Small Section Of Road My Company Is Building. The Measurements Are As Follows- 160'l* 31'w*4"d Then I Divide By 27 And That Gives Me The Cy's But How To I Get The Tons? Oh Yeah We Use Tenths And Hundreths So Four Inches As Im Sure You Know Is 0.33 Any Info Would Be Greatly Appreciated.

Re: How Do You Convert Cubic Yards To Tons?

Originally posted by HERMS54
    Hello I Was Hoping You Could Tell Me How To Convert Cubic Yards To Tons. The Material Is Abc. ( Aggregate Base Course ) It Is For A Small Section Of Road My Company Is Building. The Measurements Are As Follows- 160'l* 31'w*4"d Then I Divide By 27 And That Gives Me The Cy's But How To I Get The Tons? Oh Yeah We Use Tenths And Hundreths So Four Inches As Im Sure You Know Is 0.33 Any Info Would Be Greatly Appreciated.

LENGTH (IN FEET) X WIDTH( IN FEET) X DEPTH (INCHES)
    _______________________________ = (CU YRDS) X 1.3 = TONS

I USE THIS CONVERSION WITH DGA (DENSE GRADE AGGREGATE) AND THIS FORMULA ALSO INCORPARATES THE COMPACTON FACTOR.

160' X 31' X 4"
    _____________ = 61.234 X 1.3= 79.604

Comment

thanks i appreciate it.

Comment

the answer is L X W X D but you must convert your 4 inches into feet. 12 divided by 4 whcich gives you .33.

L X W X .33 divided by 20, that will give you tons of base course

Comment

convert 30 cubic to tonnage

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
          Working...
          X

Debug Information