Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: g/kwh to gal/h

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I need to conver 320g/kW.h into L/hr for a diesel generator 13kVa , at 50Hz with an output voltage of 230V.
    If we assume output is actually 13 kVA and power factor is 1 (worst case), it is 13 kW x 320 g/kWh = 4.16 kg/h As density of diesel fuel is around 0.85 kg/L, that is 4.9 L/h at max power. If at less than max output power, consumption will be somewhat less.

Comment

JohnS, in your last post you divided 4.16 by 0.85 to get 4.9. Shouldn't you have multiplied 4.16 by 0.85 to get 3.54............or am I mixed up?

Comment

JohnS, in your last post you divided 4.16 by 0.85 to get 4.9. Shouldn't you have multiplied 4.16 by 0.85 to get 3.54............or am I mixed up?
        4.16 kg/h x 1 L/0.85 kg = 4.9 L/h

I recommend always leaving the units attached to the numbers and working the units cancellation; it is always clear whether to multiply or divide. You can still make errors by using wrong conversion factors, but it is much easier to check all the inputs to the calculation.

Comment

Right you are. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

If a 500 kW diesel generator has a fuel consumption of 208 g/kWh at full load. How much it will be at 50% and 25% load? Thanks

Comment

may i know in the previous calculation whether you consider the efficiency already? i looks the genset has a round 50% efficiency.

Comment

how to compute kwh/liter?

Comment

how to compute kwh/liter?
                  Measure the engine's power output (kilowatts) and fuel flow (liters per hour). Divide.

It varies with the heat content of the fuel and the efficiency of the engine. For a particular engine and fuel, it varies considerably with torque and rpm (the plot is called an engine map, and shows brake specific fuel consumption contours vs torque and rpm).

Comment

There are 453.6 grams per pound.

230 g/kw hr = ( 230/453.6 ) lb/kw hr ~= 0.507 lbm/kw-hr

There are approximately 7.4 pounds / gallon for #2 D diesel fuel

0.507 lbm/kw-hr / 7.4 lbm / gal ~= 0.069 gal / kw-hr

If 60 kw, then hourly fuel oil usage ~= 0.069 x 60 kw ( kw drops out ) = 4.11 gal/hr

The reciprocal of "gal/kw-hr" i.e. "kw-hr/ gal" is a more used term of electric generator efficiency using diesel engines.

In this case 1 / 0.069 ~= 14.5 kw-hr / gal. a very competitive level.

Comment

each KWh will consume 0.31 liters for small machines ( under 50 KVA ) , 0.26 to 0.28 for mid machines under 250 KVA , and 0.252 litres for large machines , for DS#2 fuel

Comment

If a 2650 kW Main Engine has a fuel consumption of 210.2 g/kWh at full load. How much it will be at t/h ? Thanks

Comment

If a 2650 kW Main Engine has a fuel consumption of 210.2 g/kWh at full load. How much it will be at t/h ? Thanks
                          210.2 g/kWh x 2650 kW x 1 t/10^6 g = 0.557 t/h

Comment

Originally posted by JohnS View Post
                            210.2 g/kWh x 2650 kW x 1 t/10^6 g = 0.557 t/h
                            Thank you....

Comment

necesito convertir 235 g/kw.h en g/h cuanto es eso.

Comment

Working...
                              X