Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mg/L to mmol/L

Hello everybody!!!

Does anyone knows how to convert from mg/L to mmol/L of nitirites, nitrates, ammonium and ortophosphates???

Re: mg/L to mmol/L

g/L ÷ molar mass = mol/L

mg/L ÷ molar mass = mmol/L

remember to include the counter ion in your calculation as well, if it is included to start with.

Comment

'What did you mean with "include the counter ion"???

Comment

If you have a "nitrate" then it is something like "potassium nitrate", or "calcium nitrate", or "copper nitrate", etc. The metal ion (counter ion) may be included when converting from mols to grams. If you try something like Cu(No3)2 with and without the copper included, you will find it makes a big difference to your result.

I don't think this explains it very well, are you able to go to your tutors for more help? - Good luck with your studies.

Comment

Mr X, I wish you were my tutor.

Comment

does anyone here know how to convert mM to mg/L? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              does anyone here know how to convert mM to mg/L? any help would be greatly appreciated.
              M is an abbreviation for Molar, a concentration of 1 mole per liter. "mM" is millimolar, or millimole per liter.

You have to know what the dissolved substance is and its molar mass in grams per mole. Just multiply by the molar mass to get milligrams per liter.
              Last edited by JohnS; 12-12-2013, 12:24 PM.

Comment

hey im bit confused. im making up solutions of micro molar/L and this is expressed as micro molar per litre . but i dont make them up in a litre do i. or do i break em down and make them up in any volumes i want?

right back

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by project View Post
                  hey im bit confused. im making up solutions of micro molar/L and this is expressed as micro molar per litre . but i dont make them up in a litre do i. or do i break em down and make them up in any volumes i want?

right back

thank you
                  Hi there, as long as the concentration is the same you can make them up in any size you need to. For example, if you want a 4µM solution, but you only want 100mL of it, then you use 0.4µmoles of material, and make this up to 100mL. Still the same concentration.

Comment

I need to convert g/100ml into mmol/l and have become very confused, could anyone offer a helping hand? I became confused when someone mentioned molar mass!

Comment

I need to convert g/100ml into mmol/l and have become very confused, could anyone offer a helping hand? I became confused when someone mentioned molar mass!
                      You can't convert between grams and moles without it. The molar mass is an amount in grams numerically equal to the molecular weight of the substance of interest. In general, it is unique to the substance and can be computed from the chemical formula or looked up in a reference.

The 100 mL to 1 L is easy, just multiply by 10, recognizing that 1000 mL = 1 L.

Comment

1mmol/L = 4.6mg/dL = 460mg/L

Comment

please convert 108.4mmmol/L to mg/dL

Comment

please convert 108.4mmmol/L to mg/dL
                            Please review posts 2, 7, 11. We can't help unless the molar mass is known. If we know the substance (preferably its chemical formula) the molar mass can be looked up or calculated. With the info provided, "no joy."

Comment

mmol/mol to mg/l

Hello can anybody tell me how to convert ammonia from mmol/mol to mg/L?
                              Tnx

Comment

Working...
                              X