X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• linear meters to square meters

Hi, I'm hoping that you can explain this to me in very simple terms so I can remember how to do it again...lol...
    I have a timber floorboard that is 85mm wide of undetermined length. I have been advised that the timber will cost $12 a linear meter. I need to work out the square meter price of this timber. How do I do this? Is it possible? Ahhh help?

Re: linear meters to square meters

linear meters * width in meters = square meters

85 millimeters = 0.085 meters
    1 linear meters * 0.085 meters = 0.085 square meters

$12 / 0.085 square meters = $141.18 per square meter

Thats some expensive wood.

Comment

Thanks Robert, I was doing it right. I was just extremely surprised at the price and thought I must've done something wrong. Thanks for the simple explanation. You're a star!

Comment

Re: square meter to linear meter

We have got a tile of 60x60cm. We need to cut the tiles to 20x60cm. How many linear meters do we get.

Comment

Re: square meter to linear meter

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          We have got a tile of 60x60cm. We need to cut the tiles to 20x60cm. How many linear meters do we get.
          Assuming you don't break any (I broke a lot, the one time I did any tiling), you will get three pieces 20 x 60 cm from each tile.

Measuring areas in linear meters assumes a width. You get different answers depending on whether you use the 20 cm or 60 cm dimension as width, and line them up with the other dimension as length. You have 0.6 m of 60 cm wide tile or 1.8 m of 20 cm wide tile. You decide.

Comment

i have some size of tiles :-
            Type A: 6" x 16" x 48" (150 x 406 x 1220mm)
            Type B 6" x 16" x 72" (150 x 406 x 1830mm).

please let me know about the total quantity (pcs0 in one sqmtr or total sqmtr in one linear meter.
            urgently
            regards
            amit

Comment

i have some size of tiles :-
              Type A: 6" x 16" x 48" (150 x 406 x 1220mm)
              Type B 6" x 16" x 72" (150 x 406 x 1830mm).

please let me know about the total quantity (pcs0 in one sqmtr or total sqmtr in one linear meter.
              urgently
              regards
              amit
              Is the 150 mm dimension the thickness, and the two larger dimensions the face area of interest?

Each A sized piece has a face area of 0.406 m x 1.22 m =0.4953 mē.
              Taking the reciprocal, 2.019 pieces will cover a square meter.

Each B sized piece has an area of 0.743 mē, 1.346 pcs will cover 1 mē.

Tiles are usually installed with grout between tiles, and the dimensions should be the tile plus the grout width. This will slightly reduce the number of tiles needed in an area. However, cutting to size to fit at the edges of the room will waste some tile. Both factors need to be considered for an exact tile count for a job, but the above will give you a general idea.

Comment

Thanks for your advises.
                And if i have some size of tiles :-
                20" x 56" x 48" ?

Comment

Originally posted by kolor View Post
                  Thanks for your advises.
                  And if i have some size of tiles :-
                  20" x 56" x 48" ?
                  I don't understand what you mean by the three dimensions. Usually a tile has a length and a width, and the thickness is relatively thin. Please describe the dimensions relative to the way the tile will be used.

What are you asking about these tiles.

Comment

I have a squre of 60X60 cm, I want to convert it into squre meter, how can I do that???

Please I need your help this is for my project

Thank you

Comment

I have a squre of 60X60 cm, I want to convert it into squre meter, how can I do that???

Please I need your help this is for my project

Thank you
                      60 cm x 60 cm = 0.6 m x 0.6 m
                      The area is 0.36 mē

Comment

hi can anyone tell me how many sqm is 54m of tilee, with the tile size being 150mm x 300mm

Comment

hi can anyone tell me how many sqm is 54m of tilee, with the tile size being 150mm x 300mm
                          Which way is the tile oriented? Is it 54 m x 300 mm or 54 m x 150 mm

If 300 mm that's 0.3 m, and area is 54 m x 0.3 m = 16.2 mē.

Comment

i need 54m of tiles which has to be cut to 150mm x 300mm for skirting tiles. the suppiler only has 250mm x 400mm and has asked me to cut them to 150mm x 300mm. so i am trying to work out the area required to order 250mm x 400mm tiles, which i can cut to 150mm x 300mm. i require 54m to do the skirting.

i want to minimise has much waste as possiable

regards

Comment

i need 54m of tiles which has to be cut to 150mm x 300mm for skirting tiles. the suppiler only has 250mm x 400mm and has asked me to cut them to 150mm x 300mm. so i am trying to work out the area required to order 250mm x 400mm tiles, which i can cut to 150mm x 300mm. i require 54m to do the skirting.

i want to minimise has much waste as possiable

regards
                              If I assume the tiles are 150 mm wide (perpendicular to the direction of skirting) and 300 mm long (in the direction of skirting) you need 54 m/ 0.3 m = 180 tiles

Each 250 mm x 400 mm tile can only yield one 150 mm x 300 mm tile and some scrap, so you need 180 of the larger tiles (that assumes no cutting mistakes or breakage) The area is 180 x 0.4 m x 0.25 m = 18 mē, of which you are only using 180 x 0.3 x 0.15 = 8.1 mē, so get a good discount. In cutting, you are throwing over half the area away.

Comment

Working...
                              X