mg/ml question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mg/ml question

I was given a bottle of 25 mg/mL medication for my cat with instructions to give him 2.5ml once daily. The dropper they gave me has 2 lines on it, one for 12.5mg and one for 25mg.

I'm not sure how much of the dropper I should be using?

ml/mg question

I was given a 25 mg/mL bottle of medication from the vet for my cat with instructions to give him 2.5ml once daily. The dropper the vet gave me has two measurements on it 12.5mg and 25mg.

I'm not sure how much I should fill the dropper?

Comment

Re: ml/mg question

2.5 milliliter would be 1/2 of a U.S. teaspoon. If you have small measuring spoons, that would be the safest way to go. Measure half a teaspoon then load it into the eyedropper to find the mark to use.

Otherwise, you will need to contact your vet to find out the density of the medicine. Since your cats health is at stake, better safe than sorry.

Comment

Re: mg/ml question

Originally posted by Unregistered
        I was given a bottle of 25 mg/mL medication for my cat with instructions to give him 2.5ml once daily. The dropper they gave me has 2 lines on it, one for 12.5mg and one for 25mg.

I'm not sure how much of the dropper I should be using?
        i have a milkshake maker n it says add 60g of shake powder but cup supplied is in ml so how much do i put in

Comment

Try using Robie Metric Units

1 Robie = 10ml = 10grams = 10cc = 1 Robiespoon (Based on water)

1 Robie metric teaspoon = 5ml = 5grams = 5cc = 0.5 Robiespoons

1 Robie metric tablespoon = 15ml = 15grams = 15 cc = 1.5 Robiespoons

1 Robie metric ounce = 30ml = 30grams = 30cc = 3 Robiespoons

1 Robie metric shot = 50ml = 50grams = 50cc = 5 Robiespoons

1 Robie metric cup = 250ml = 250grams = 250 cc = 25 Robiespoons

Let me know if this helps.

Comment

For every 1ml you will give 25mg, so since the order is 2.5ml (2.5 x 25mg = 62.5mg (25mg + 25mg+ 12.5mg= 2.5ml) Hope this helps

Comment

To all above the last one, why cant you answer the question?
              One gives us teaspoons. Did she say she's using teaspoons? I dont think so. She is using an eyedropper. How much of the eyedropper gets filled? that's the question, idiot.

Next one gives a whole chart of robie conversions that has nothing to do with the question. Can you read? HOW MUCH OF THE EYEDROPPER DO YOU FILL?
              Geez!

Thank you to the last one, at least it answers the question to a degree.
              I scroogled this question and came here because it came up in the results. I have the same dilemma. it says give cat 1 ml a day, but the eyedropper says exactly what the questioners does, 12.5 & 25 mg.
              Are vets idiots are what?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                To all above the last one, why cant you answer the question?
                One gives us teaspoons. Did she say she's using teaspoons? I dont think so. She is using an eyedropper. How much of the eyedropper gets filled? that's the question, idiot.

Next one gives a whole chart of robie conversions that has nothing to do with the question. Can you read? HOW MUCH OF THE EYEDROPPER DO YOU FILL?
                Geez!

Thank you to the last one, at least it answers the question to a degree.
                I scroogled this question and came here because it came up in the results. I have the same dilemma. it says give cat 1 ml a day, but the eyedropper says exactly what the questioners does, 12.5 & 25 mg.
                Are vets idiots are what?
                There is no good answer. An eyedropper can only measure volume (eg milliliters). Any labeling of a mass dose (milligrams) pre-assumes medicine mixed to a particular concentration (mg/mL). It will ONLY be correct if the eyedropper is calibrated for that particular medicine and should only be used if that calibration is CLEARLY marked.

Medicine is rarely "full strength", it is diluted in a buffer solution to allow convenient dosing. Except by looking at the bottle label, there is no way to determine the concentration. If an eyedropper is marked in milligrams rather than milliliters, there is no way to assure it is calibrated for the medicine you are preparing to use it with, unless that is marked.

I recommend calling your vet to discuss the uncertainty.

If the medicine is really 25 mg/mL AND the eyedropper is designed to go with it, the 25 mg line is the 1 mL line and the 12.5 mg line is the 0.5 mL line. However, that involves a fair number of "ifs." Call the vet.

Comment

I was given a 25 mg per mL bottle of medication from the vet for my cat with instructions to give her 2cc's once daily. The dropper the vet gave me has two measurements on it 12.5mg and 25mg.

I'm not sure how much I should fill the dropper to make it 2cc's on a 12.5mg and 25mg?
                  What is 2cc's worth?

Comment

I was given a 25 mg per mL bottle of medication from the vet for my cat with instructions to give her 2cc's once daily. The dropper the vet gave me has two measurements on it 12.5mg and 25mg.

I'm not sure how much I should fill the dropper to make it 2cc's on a 12.5mg and 25mg?
                    What is 2cc's worth?
                    A cubic centimeter (cc) and milliliter (mL) are the same thing. You need to give 50 mg. The 25 mg marking on the dropper is 1 mL. Fill to this mark twice.

Comment

For every 1ml you will give 25mg, so since the order is 2.5ml (2.5 x 25mg = 62.5mg (25mg + 25mg+ 12.5mg= 2.5ml) Hope this helps

i have three medicines i need to measure out. Can you please help me.
                      1 bottle= 30ml-50mg/ml Dosage 25mg/day
                      another= 30ml-25mg/ml Dosage 20mg/day
                      other= 30ml-10mg/ml Dosage 10mg/day

Please help

Comment

i have three medicines i need to measure out. Can you please help me.
                        1 bottle= 30ml-50mg/ml Dosage 25mg/day
                        another= 30ml-25mg/ml Dosage 20mg/day
                        other= 30ml-10mg/ml Dosage 10mg/day

Please help
                        For the first one
                        25 mg/day x 1 mL/50 mg = 0.5 mL/day

Note the second factor is just the reciprocal of strength, 50 mg/mL, also note how the units cancel out.

Comment

My doctor gave me an rx for 2.5 mg of a med patch. Can't afford patch. But, can afford the injections, so what would be the equivalent in ml?

Comment

On hand you have 2.5mg/1 ml order reads give 1mg how many ml will you give?

Comment

On hand you have 2.5mg/1 ml order reads give 1mg how many ml will you give?
                              1 mg x 1 mL/2.5 mg = 0.4 mL

You are dividing by the concentration, represented here as multiplying by the reciprocal.

Comment

Working...
                              X