Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I convert I.U. to mg.? Please help.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mcg to IU conversion

How do I convert 31mcg of Vitamin K to IU?

Comment

Re: How do I convert I.U. to mg.? Please help.

Originally posted by Sam View Post
      I think that your information is incorrect. According to the official European Pharmacopoeia 1 mg of colecalciferol (Vitamin D3) is equivalent to 40,000 IU. If you were to take 800 mg this would be 40,000 * 800 = 32,000,000 IU or 16,000 of your 2,000 IU tablets! I suggest that you reconsider where you get your dosage information from.

The normal daily dosage for Vitamin D3 is 800 IU. Perhaps you have somehow confused 800 IU with 800 mg?

Sam (Pharmacist)
      I have the same difficulty, I think though that the mistake from the questioner was saying mg instead of mcg. I am interested to know how a 25mcg dose of D3 equates to a 400IU dose. Is it the same, or larger or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Would you be able to assist me in converting vitamin D3 from IU to mg or back? provide the formula please.
        thanks!
        j
        I also would like to know what 5000 IU of vitamin D would be in MG as my doctor told me to take 4000 MG of vitamin D daily

Comment

I have been prescribed 50,000 IU a month in one capsule. I am confused also. It seems to me to be an extremely large dose taken once a month. It's amazing that nobody seems to really get an answer what the basis is. My pharmacist did not know either.

Comment

Vitamin D Facts:

http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/vitamind/

Here is a great summary from the USA government. There are a couple of tables on it, one shows adequate vitamin D intakes, in both IU and mcg (g), the other shows upper allowable limits, both in per day allowances.

It says that 5mcg of vitamin D is 200IU.

NOTE: IU is a measure of the body's response to a medication and it is different for every substance.

Comment

I have had my papaya powder tested by a lab for its nutritional value and the results came back but I dont know what to make of them. For ex. B-carotene 2,020IU/100g ?? Can you explain is this alot of b-carotene for that amount?

Comment

Would you be able to assist me in converting vitamin D3 from IU to mg or back? provide the formula please.
                thanks!

Comment

An IU of Vitamin A and an IU of vitamin E or D or Beta carotene or whatever are all unique (apples and pears). There is no standard forrmula to convert milligram to I.U.
                  Optimal daily intake of vitamin D3 is 5 000 IU or 125 mcg (microgram is a thousandth of a milligram). Over 10 000 IU (250 mcg) per day is considered toxic on long term.
                  Optimal daily intake for Vitamin A (Retinol) for men is 3 000 IU or 900 mcg and for women is 2 334 IU or 700 mcg.
                  Beta carotene and carotenoids are more confusing as they introduce Retinol Equivalents and retinol activity equivalents (carotenes are converted to vitamin A in the liver.)
                  Optimal Vitamin E for adults is 15mg (milligrams) or 22.4 IU per day.
                  An International Unit is a measuremant of biological activity of a substance. The purpose is to compare activity of different forms of a vitamin-ingredient, eg. vitamin A-palmitate vs. vitamin A-acetate vs. retinol in different preparates.

Comment

How do I concert in gram 29 percent of Vitamin A

Comment

1000iu into mg

Comment

how to convert mg IL2 to UI ?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                          thanks!
                          1mg Vit D3 = 40,000 IU
                          1mcg Vit D3 = 40 IU

One of my doctor prescribed me once monthly Vit D2 1.25mg (50,000 IU);
                          recently I have my thyroid removed and the doctor accidentally removed at least some parathyroid which impact the Calcium level and I was prescribed Calcitriol Vit D3 .25 mcg = 10 IU and over the counter Calcium + Vit D (each tablet contains 400 IU of Vit D3). I wonder why it is even necessary to prescribe Calcitriol since it is negligible compared to the non-prescription Vit D3?

Comment

Working...
                          X