X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meters per second to CFM

I need to convert an air flow rate from meters per second to cubic feet per minute. I have looke on numerous sites to no avail, would love to have some help on this one.

Thanks
    JR

Re: meters per second to CFM

meters/second * cross-sectional area of pipe = cubic meters/second
    cubic meters/second * 2118.88 = cubic feet/minute

So you just need to calculate the cross area of the pipe the air flows through, in square meters.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;19315]I need to convert an air flow rate from meters per second to cubic feet per minute. we cross area of 14'' X 15'' in squre. I have looke on numerous sites to no avail, would love to have some help on this one.

Thanks
      M.Murtaza

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;71048]
        Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        I need to convert an air flow rate from meters per second to cubic feet per minute. we cross area of 14'' X 15'' in squre. I have looke on numerous sites to no avail, would love to have some help on this one.

Thanks
        M.Murtaza
        1 m/s x 1 ft/0.3048 m x 60 s/1 min = 197 ft/min

14 " x 15" x 1 ft/144 in = 1.46 ft

1.46 ft x 197 ft/min = 288 ft/min

Comment

I need to convert an air flow rate from meters per second to cubic feet per minute. we have outlet area of 12'' X 14'' in squre and other 10''x9'' in squre. I have looke on numerous sites to no avail, would love to have some help on this one.

Thanks
          Mohammad Murtaza

Comment

I need to convert an air flow rate from meters per second to cubic feet per minute. we have air flow 16 m/s at outlet area of 12'' X 14'' in squre and other Air flow 18 m/s at out let area of 10''x9'' in squre. I have looke on numerous sites to no avail, would love to have some help on this one.

Thanks
            Mohammad Murtaza

Comment

Originally posted by mohammad murtaza View Post
              I need to convert an air flow rate from meters per second to cubic feet per minute. we have air flow 16 m/s at outlet area of 12'' X 14'' in squre and other Air flow 18 m/s at out let area of 10''x9'' in squre. I have looke on numerous sites to no avail, would love to have some help on this one.

Thanks
              Mohammad Murtaza
              Just follow the example in post #4, using your numbers. Convert the velocity to ft/min. Determine the duct area in ft. Multiply. Done.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Fogt View Post
                meters/second * cross-sectional area of pipe = cubic meters/second
                cubic meters/second * 2118.88 = cubic feet/minute

So you just need to calculate the cross area of the pipe the air flows through, in square meters.
                actually that formula is incorrect the correct formula for m/sec to cfm would be:

cfm = m/sec * cross-sectional area of pipe * 60 * 3.28 (60*3.28 = 196.8 for a short cut) 60 for the time time conversion and 3.28 to convert meters to feet. i have no idea where you came up with 2118.8

Comment

actually that formula is incorrect the correct formula for m/sec to cfm would be:

cfm = m/sec * cross-sectional area of pipe * 60 * 3.28 (60*3.28 = 196.8 for a short cut) 60 for the time time conversion and 3.28 to convert meters to feet. i have no idea where you came up with 2118.8
                  Please read the formula more carefully. It assumes you have flow in cubic meters per second. You must multiply by (1 ft/0.3048 m) x 60 s/min.
                  With reasonable rounding, that is 2118.88 (to nine significant figures).

If the cross sectional area of the pipe is in square meters you have cubic meters. If it is in feet or inches, you have a mixed unit mess. It is critical to keep all the units attached and work out the units math symbolically.

Comment

Re: 0.8 meters per second to CFM

0.8 meters per second to CFM

Comment

Re: 0.8 meters per second to CFM

Originally posted by santosh View Post
                      0.8 meters per second to CFM
                      Depends on the area of the duct, not given.

Comment

Re: CFM TO M/S

Hi i am looking to convert 1000 cfm to Mtrs/sec...can any one help

Comment

Re: CFM TO M/S

Hi i am looking to convert 1000 cfm to Mtrs/sec...can any one help
                          1000 ft/min x 1 min/60 s x (0.3048 m/1 ft) = 0.4719 m/s

If you are trying to convert to a velocity, it has to be uniform across a cross-section, and you have to divide by the cross-sectional area (in square meters).

Comment

3.50 m/s convert to cfm .square duct 24"*8" pls help

Comment

Is it m/s x dia ➗ 3.142 to get m3h??

Comment

Working...
                              X