X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sq. ft. to linear ft. House siding

I have measured my house as close as I can by measuring between windows and doors trying not to order too much siding. I measured by inches because there are a lot of windows and the measurements between them are inches not feet. When trying to get price quotes for siding I am asked how many linear ft. I have. I dont know how to convert all of these inch measurements to linear ft. can anybody give me the formula for conversion?

Thanks Norm.
    Last edited by Norm Johnson; 04-26-2006, 05:15 AM. Reason: spelling

Re: sq. ft. to linear ft. House siding

linear feet just doesnt take into account the width of the siding.

It sounds like you have measured exactly how much you need in linear distance already. Just convert inches to feet.

You would take the height of your house and divide by the width of the siding to determine how many you need, then multiply by the length of your house to determine the linear distance. Then do that for each side of the house. Though make sure all measurements are the same unit, such as inches.

For example, if your house is 10 feet high by 10 feet long, and the siding is 1 foot wide, you would need 10 peices of siding that are 10 feet long, or 100 linear feet, for that side of the house.

Comment

how do you measure square footage on property as well as rate per square foot

Comment

Measure the length and width of the property in feet.

Length in feet * Width in feet = square feet

Comment

sq. ft. to board ft.

I have 192 sq. ft. how do i figure board and linear ft,

Bill

Comment

Re: sq. ft. to board ft.

Originally posted by Unregistered
            I have 192 sq. ft. how do i figure board and linear ft,

Bill
            square feet / width of board in feet = linear feet

board feet is a unit of volume, probably not what you were looking for.

Comment

when you measure your house dont deduct the window and doors because you have to allow for waste.so take the width x the height and get the sq ft so if you have 800 sq ft then you need 8 sq siding

Comment

first determine your lap on your siding, then figure out how much of your size of siding in LF it takes up to fill 1 sqft. multiply by how many sf you have. usually allow 15 to 20% waste.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                Working...
                X

Debug Information