Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

miles to meters

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • miles to meters

    Hi

    I am trying to work out how many meters there are in the following:

    1 1/4 miles

    1 3/16 miles

    1 1/2 miles

    If somebody is able to let me know it would be appreciated

    Thanks
    Jenelle

  • #2
    Re: miles to meters

    Originally posted by Unregistered
    Hi

    I am trying to work out how many meters there are in the following:

    1 1/4 miles

    1 3/16 miles

    1 1/2 miles

    If somebody is able to let me know it would be appreciated

    Thanks
    Jenelle
    There are 1609.344 meters to a mile.

    1 1/4 miles is 1.25 * 1609.344 = 2011.68 meters

    1 3/16 Miles is 1.1875 * 1609.344 = 1911.096

    1 1/2 miles is 1.5 * 1609.344 = 2414.016

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: miles to meters

      There's also the US Survey mile, about 3.2 mm longer than the one quoted above.

      But most of the time this one's ignored in these kinds of problems, though it's still supposedly in use in surveying.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: miles to meters (thanks)

        Thanks for the reply - it is appreciated

        Comment


        • #5
          miles to meters

          Whats 3 miles in meters lol :L

          and how much is it around a track if u hv 2 do 3 and half for 1500

          i got to do it 2moz :L

          n i just want to know

          ta x

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: miles to meters

            Originally posted by Unregistered
            Whats 3 miles in meters lol :L

            and how much is it around a track if u hv 2 do 3 and half for 1500

            i got to do it 2moz :L

            n i just want to know

            ta x
            3 miles = 4828.032 m

            A standard track is 400 m, so 1500 m should be 3 3/4 laps not 3 1/2.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: miles to meters

              im stuck as well!!!!!
              im tryin to figure out how many KM in a mile????

              HELP!
              xxxxxxxx

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: miles to meters

                it is abuot o.6 miles

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: miles to meters

                  i need help!!!! i need to find out what is 1 1/2 miles tooooooooooooo!!!!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: miles to meters

                    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                    i need help!!!! i need to find out what is 1 1/2 miles tooooooooooooo!!!!!!
                    Did you read post #2 where the question is already answered? It hasn't changed.

                    Comment

                    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    x
                    Working...
                    X