Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cubic Meter to Square meter

Jennifer,

First you need to say how DEEP your 180 square meters is. For instance, let's say you have an area 13 meters wide and 14 meters long and you want to know how much sand to cover this area. You can see that it depends on how DEEP you want the sand to be. So, say you want the sand to be 1cm deep (this equals .01m). You just multiply 13 X 14 X .01 and you get 1.82. You need 1.82 CUBIC meters of sand. If, instead, you want the sand to be 3cm deep, you multiply 13 X 14 X .03 and you get 5.46. You need 5.46 CUBIC meters of sand to cover your area with sand 3cm deep.

So, you see, you need a third number. It's 13m wide and 14m long and ??? deep. You need THREE numbers to get a CUBIC measurement.

Comment

You need more information. you can have something thats 100 cubic meters but 100 meters tall and its top surface area will only be 1 meter

you can have something 50 meters tall, its top surface area will be only 2 meters. etc

you havea volume, aka, 3 dimensions. you CANNOT just CONVERT to a 2 dimensional value without the introduction of another bit of information

you need to figure out how much your volume is spread out before you can calculate how much area it will cover.

if you are trying to find the TOTAL SURFACE AREA of the volume, and you know its spherically shaped, thats something different. you know the volume of asphere is (pi*d^3)/6 and that the surface area of a sphere is pi*d^2. So if you have a SPHERICAL VOLUME, solve for its diameter, then solve for its surface area.

if it is a square shape, completely perfectly cubic, all sides equal, then proceed just the same as with te sphere, find its volume, then find the lengths of the sides, then sum the areas around the cubic shape.

but if the geometry of the volume is NOT known, you CANNOT just CONVERT to area.

if you wanted to get complicated with it, it is the sum of all of the differential volumes created by the product of the instantaneous area with respect to height multiplied by the thickness of the differential volume, all the way from the bottom to the top.

aka, the definite integral from 0 to H of the Area (which may or may not be a changing function with respect to height) times the differential height, dH.

but thats calculus.

Comment

i would love to know the train tracks or dimensional analyses to converting 250mm && 224mm into m2

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          i would love to know the train tracks or dimensional analyses to converting 250mm && 224mm into m2
          It depends on the shape of the object. If those are the length and width of a rectangle you get one answer, if they are the major and minor diameters of an ellipse, you get a different angle.

I don't know what you mean by "train tracks" but assuming they are the length and width of a rectangle. rewrite both in meters, 0.25 m and 0.224 m, and multiply. The area is 0.056 m

Alternatively you can multiply dimensions in millimeters and divide by 1 000 000 mm/m, getting exactly the same answer.

Comment

Convert 1083450 cubic meters into hectares?

Comment

please give me with a example how to convert cubic meter to square meter[/QUOTE]

Comment

please give me with a example how to convert cubic meter to square meter
                [/QUOTE]

I divide by the height or thickness. That assumes vertical walls, and the volume can be characterized as an area times a height.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnS View Post
                  Then divide by the thickness (in meters) to determine the area that will be covered at that thickness. It only works if the thickness is uniform.
                  please we would like to find out
                  go calculation tree dimention. to cubic metter.

we have a tree 14 meter hight diamter circunsference 80
                  we need to find out how many cubic meter have this tress or show me the formule
                  thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Fogt View Post
                    That depends on the thickness.

cubic meters / thickness in meters = square meters
                    tree timention.
                    14 metter hinght
                    the circunsference or diamteres is 60 centimeter
                    we need the formule to get cubic metter.
                    or to find out whow many cubic meter i can get from that tree

Comment

how to calculate capasity of tank

i have a tank of 2.75 metre dia and 5.5 meter length how to calculate
                      total capacity of tank in liter
                      please repaly me at rashidkhan@live.co.uk

Comment

Re: how to calculate capasity of tank

i have a tank of 2.75 metre dia and 5.5 meter length how to calculate
                        total capacity of tank in liter
                        please repaly me at rashidkhan@live.co.uk
                        Since 1 L = 1 dm, it is easier to think of it as 27.5 dm diameter and 55 dm length.
                        V = (pi/4)*D*D*L = 32700 L (approx)

(Or you can work in meters, get cubic meters and use 1 m = 1000 L. Same answer.)

Comment

how to convert cubic meters per hour to square meters per hour
                          i need square meter to cubic meter

Comment

please convert 400 square meter to cubic meter
                            45.5 square feet means how much cubic meter

Comment

45.5 square feet means how much cubic meter
                              No way to tell because you haven't specified thickness.

45.5 ft is an area, and in square meters, 4.227 m

In either units, you have to multiply by thickness (in proper units) to get volume.

Comment

hw to convert rates for cu.mtr to sq.mtr? is there any particular formula?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                                Working...
                                X