convert mL to mg

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• convert mL to mg

I need to know how many mg are in 2 fl ounces( its a gel like liquid) or in 57 mL. if anyone can help please do. Thanks

Re: convert mL to mg

Hi, can you please let us know two things.

1. What is the gel substance?

2. What component of it are you interested in?

As much information as possible would be great, even brand names etc.

Comment

My cat needs 1ml of liquid antibiotics. The dropper is labeled 12.5mg and 25mg

Comment

That is not enough information to help you.

You should note the type of medicine, and contact your vet or the manufacturer and find out for sure.

Comment

I need to know to convert 25mg to ml

Comment

Convert mg to ml

I need to know if simeticona 200mg is the same as Factor AG Forte 10ml

Comment

can any one tell me what 141ml of zolpidem is when you convert it to mg?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                can any one tell me what 141ml of zolpidem is when you convert it to mg?
                Try using Robie Metric Units

1 Robiespoon = 10 grams = 10 ml = 10cc (Based on water)
                1 gram = 1 ml = 1cc
                Thus, 141 grams = 141ml = 141cc

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Fogt
                  That is not enough information to help you.

You should note the type of medicine, and contact your vet or the manufacturer and find out for sure.
                  Always the correct answer when dealing with medication, Robert.

However, Using Robie Metric units

1 Robie spoon = 10ml = 10grams = 10cc (Based on water)
                  1ml = 1gram = 1cc
                  Please check out my Robie metric unit threads, I have been having a lot of fun helping.

Comment

My vet gave me oral antibiotics for my cat and told me to draw 25mg out of the vial using a dropper. The dropper never works very well and I end up having to attempt to squirt it in my cat's mouth 3-4 times before it all comes out of the dropper, therefore I wanted to use my syringe that was labeled with ml. Since I suck at math, I just drew 25mg out of the vial using the dropper and squirted all of it into a narrow shot glass, and I then drew the 25mg out of the shot glass and into the ml syringe. It was slightly over 1ml. This way I can shoot all the antibiotic into my cat's mouth on the first try and she doesn't try to scratch the daylights out of me or bite me. Not very scientific, but it works great for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                      My vet gave me oral antibiotics for my cat and told me to draw 25mg out of the vial using a dropper. The dropper never works very well and I end up having to attempt to squirt it in my cat's mouth 3-4 times before it all comes out of the dropper, therefore I wanted to use my syringe that was labeled with ml. Since I suck at math, I just drew 25mg out of the vial using the dropper and squirted all of it into a narrow shot glass, and I then drew the 25mg out of the shot glass and into the ml syringe. It was slightly over 1ml. This way I can shoot all the antibiotic into my cat's mouth on the first try and she doesn't try to scratch the daylights out of me or bite me. Not very scientific, but it works great for me.
                      Sounds pretty scientific to me, and you obviously don't suck at maths, as you used good sound logic to find out what you needed to know. I'm impressed.

Comment

If I have 1ml and I want convert to mg, how do that.

Comment

i am trying to find out how many 100mg is it in ml

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Robie
                            Try using Robie Metric Units

1 Robiespoon = 10 grams = 10 ml = 10cc (Based on water)
                            1 gram = 1 ml = 1cc
                            Thus, 141 grams = 141ml = 141cc

It depends on the concentration of the medication. if ambien (zolpidem) is 1mg/1ml concentration, then it's 141ml for a 141mg dose. If it's 5mg/1ml concentration, then it's 28.2ml (141/5) for a dose of 141mg. If it's a 10mg/1ml concentration, then it's 14.1ml (141/10) for a dose of 141mg. Etc., etc... The point is check your concentration. Certain people mix up concentration differently depending on standards. If you're unsure, throw the bottle away and buy one that has concentration listed.

Zolpidem Tartrate is a Class IV medication and a sedative so be sure you know what you're doing. If it is not Zolpidem, then the math still applies.

Comment

I agree, I am having the same dilemma.

To convert MG/ML to ML/MG the answer is relative to the active components of the substance, this is why there is no true answer.

20ML of a specific Iron supplement may be converted to MG.
                              BUT! it will pobably be different for 20ML if Iron supplement from another manufacturer.

that's why we have to contact the manufacturer, to see how much, say Iron is found in 20ML of their product, as their product is in liquid form. then for them to state how many MG that is equivalent to.

And it's bound to be the best mentod of finding out about each supplement/medicine from the manufacturer's than guessing. They have the necessary information at hand from their scientists and manufacturers themselves.

We must ask them directly! How many MG of .... will I find in each (eg.10)...ML dose of your product....?

Comment

Working...
                              X