Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

mg/kg to ppm

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mg/kg to ppm

    Convert lead concentrations in ash from mg/kg to ppm

  • #2
    Re: mg/kg to ppm

    mg/kg is the same as ppm, so no conversion will be necessary.

    mg/kg = 0.001/1000 = 0.000001 = 1/1,000,000 = ppm

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: mg/kg to ppm

      Originally posted by Robert Fogt
      mg/kg is the same as ppm, so no conversion will be necessary.

      mg/kg = 0.001/1000 = 0.000001 = 1/1,000,000 = ppm
      thanks a lot

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: mg/kg to ppm

        mg/kg is not equal to ppm. The conversion depends on the density of both substances. In other words, mg/kg is not mg of water to kg of water, it is mg of x in kg of y.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: mg/kg to ppm

          Originally posted by Mike
          mg/kg is not equal to ppm. The conversion depends on the density of both substances. In other words, mg/kg is not mg of water to kg of water, it is mg of x in kg of y.
          Ppm on a mass over mass basis is exactly mg/kg. You might want to look at sections 7.10.3 and 8.6 of NIST SP811.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: mg/kg to ppm

            Originally posted by Mike
            mg/kg is not equal to ppm. The conversion depends on the density of both substances. In other words, mg/kg is not mg of water to kg of water, it is mg of x in kg of y.
            Hi Mike, for your example here, remember that it is mg of x in kg of (x+y). If you have a question, you are welcome to ask it.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: mg/kg to ppm

              mg/kg to mg/l?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: mg/kg to ppm

                Isn't it the case that "ppm" is a relative volumetric ratio, regardless of density, whereas "mg/kg" is a relative mass ratio?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: mg/kg to ppm

                  [QUOTE=Unregistered;4284]Convert 2mg/kg to ppm

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: mg/kg to ppm

                    [QUOTE=Unregistered;63749]
                    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                    Convert 2mg/kg to ppm
                    Parts per million can be computed on either a mass/mass, volume/volume, or moles/moles ratio. If mass/mass, 2mg/kg IS 2 ppm as milligrams and kilograms are 10^6 apart.

                    On a volume or mole fraction ratio, we have insufficient info.

                    Actually, because it is clear that it is a mass ratio, 2 mg/kg is the preferred form, rather than 2 ppm, which is ambiguous.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: mg/kg to ppm

                      Originally posted by JohnS View Post
                      Ppm on a mass over mass basis is exactly mg/kg. You might want to look at sections 7.10.3 and 8.6 of NIST SP811.
                      60 mg/kg to 100 ppm

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: mg/kg to ppm

                        Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                        60 mg/kg to 100 ppm
                        No, 60 mg/kg is 60 ppm

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re:lb/kg/mg

                          medicaion ask for mg/kg is convert lb to kg then to mg.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: lb/kg/mg

                            Originally posted by lku View Post
                            medicaion ask for mg/kg is convert lb to kg then to mg.
                            This sounds like weight-based dosing. You decide how much to give based on the weight of the patient.

                            If you have patient weight in pounds, multiply by 0.4536 kg/lb to get weight in kg. Then multiply by recommended dosing in mg/kg. That will determine how many milligrams to administer.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: mg/kg to ppm

                              Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                              Convert lead concentrations in ash from mg/kg to ppm
                              Hi, is any one there to help me. I need to convert Aflatoxin 5 mg/Kg in ppb.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X