Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how many feet in an acre

I am trying to mark of an acre out of four acre's

Re: how many feet in an acre

On the home page there is a conversion table.

1 acre = 43560 sq. foot
    1 acre suburbs = 36000 sq. foot
    1 acre survey = 43560.174421849

I hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
      You'd need to know the shape and at least some dimensions.

Comment

thank you for your help.

Comment

209 feet x 209 feet actually 208.71 square miles but rounded out to piece of property to sell is better to round it out? a simple 209 feet long by 209 feet wide? God bless you and the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you! 1 corinthians 16:23

Comment

Thank you it is exactly what i needed!

Comment

123feet times 263 feet equals how many acres

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              123feet times 263 feet

Comment

1 acre see drawing

Comment

i have a lot that is 330.1' x 347.2' x 328.4' x 326.9' how many acres is in this dimension that i gave you its weird sghape so if u can help me i d be thankful email at [link removed] tys

Comment

Originally posted by chevy View Post
                    i have a lot that is 330.1' x 347.2' x 328.4' x 326.9' how many acres is in this dimension that i gave you its weird sghape so if u can help me i d be thankful email at [link removed] tys
                    The area of a four-sided figure is not fixed by just the four sides. You also need the corner angles or the bearing angles of the four sides.

Comment

its a little under 3 acres about 2.95

Comment

I am growing a pumpkin plant in my apartment and from what I have been told they grow an acre long.We live in a 900 square feet.I am trying to figure out if this plant is going to take over my apartment or if I will have room to walk.

Comment

I am growing a pumpkin plant in my apartment and from what I have been told they grow an acre long.We live in a 900 square feet.I am trying to figure out if this plant is going to take over my apartment or if I will have room to walk.
                          An acre is 43560 ft² but a pumpkin vine isn't that big

Comment

Can someone help me with this one...an oval race track, 1/2 mile total distance around (2,640 feet) and an average width of 30 feet. I'd like to convert the dimension of that oval track into acres...want to subtract it from a total land acreage, as it can't be planted. We can use/graze the grassland inside the oval, and outside the oval...we just want the dimension of the track itself expressed in acres as the unit. Do I just do distance (2,640 ft) x width (30 ft), which is 79,200 sq ft, and call that 1.82 acres? seems too easy, and I'm unbearable with geometry.

Comment

Can someone help me with this one...an oval race track, 1/2 mile total distance around (2,640 feet) and an average width of 30 feet. I'd like to convert the dimension of that oval track into acres...want to subtract it from a total land acreage, as it can't be planted. We can use/graze the grassland inside the oval, and outside the oval...we just want the dimension of the track itself expressed in acres as the unit. Do I just do distance (2,640 ft) x width (30 ft), which is 79,200 sq ft, and call that 1.82 acres? seems too easy, and I'm unbearable with geometry.
                              Close, and that answer may be good enough.

I assume the 2640 length is measured at the inside fence. or some assumed horse running line close to the fence (for human tracks, 30 cm from the curb). You need to know how much of the distance is straightaway, and how much is the two semicircles at the end. For the semicircles, you want the the length of the curve at midtrack, halfway out from the fence, not at the fence. Then the method is rigorous correctly.

If the track were ALL circle, that correction would make it 94 ft longer; lets say reality is about half that or 47 feet. Then 2687' x 30' = 80610 ft² or 1.85 acres. If you can find the track drawing and determine radius at the fence line of the two semicircles, we can redo more precisely, but that will be close.

Comment

Working...
                              X