• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What isdensity of LPG in Kg/M3

Can anybody tell me what is the density of LPG

Re: What isdensity of LPG in Kg/M3

Originally posted by greatman
    Can anybody tell me what is the density of LPG
    It depends on the type and form. If it is liquid butane it will be 570-580 kg/m3, however if it is gas it will be 1.9-2.1 kg/m3. Liquid propane will be 500-510 kg/m3, and propane gas will be 1.4-1.55 kg/m3. Hope this helps.

Comment

It depends on the form of LPG you are using.If it is in gaseous form then the density is 2.155kg/cubic meter,if its in liquid form then 553 kg/cubic meter.

Comment

Re: What is conversion rate for cooking piped LPG in M3/Kg

I am using piped LPG cooking gas.

The company has submitted its first bill and given consumption in M3 and billed me in Kg consumed.

Would anybody tell me the conversion rate M2 to Kg for Cooking LPG?

Rajan K

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
          I am using piped LPG cooking gas.

The company has submitted its first bill and given consumption in M3 and billed me in Kg consumed.

Would anybody tell me the conversion rate M2 to Kg for Cooking LPG?

Rajan K
          There are two problems with giving you a good answer:
          *The volume of a gas is meaningless, unless the pressure and temperature at which it is measured are also stated. Meters may indicate the volume at some standard reference condition regardless of actual. But we need the conditions.

*In the US and Canada, it is at least 95% propane, and there is little error from using propane data. In much of the rest of the world, it is a mixture of butance and propane; the ratio is needed to calculate density.

Having said all that, for the US, at 15 C, 101.325 kPa, 1.9 kg/m is a good approximate density. A 50/50 propane/butane mix might be 2.2 kg/m

Comment

Pl convert the following gasses into kg

lpg:835nm3
            oxygen:19355nm3
            nitrogen:4855nm3
            argon:235nm3

Comment

Originally posted by SANTOSH View Post
              Pl convert the following gasses into kg

lpg:835nm3
              oxygen:19355nm3
              nitrogen:4855nm3
              argon:235nm3
              At "normal" conditions. 22.414L is 1 mole, or 22.414 m = 1 kmol. Reduce each gas to an amount in moles.

Now compute the molecular weight of each gas. That weight in grams is also a mol (or kilograms a kilomole)
              Doing oxygen as an example
              19355 Nm X 1 kmol/22.414 m x 32 kg/kmol = 27633 kg

Comment

Its depends on the temperature!! on 30degrees it can be arround 0.5696 somthing!

Comment

Originally posted by Raam View Post
                  It depends on the form of LPG you are using.If it is in gaseous form then the density is 2.155kg/cubic meter,if its in liquid form then 553 kg/cubic meter.
                  whats the ratio of butane and propane in lpg (2.155kg/cubic meter).

Comment

Originally posted by JohnS View Post
                    There are two problems with giving you a good answer:
                    *The volume of a gas is meaningless, unless the pressure and temperature at which it is measured are also stated. Meters may indicate the volume at some standard reference condition regardless of actual. But we need the conditions.

*In the US and Canada, it is at least 95% propane, and there is little error from using propane data. In much of the rest of the world, it is a mixture of butance and propane; the ratio is needed to calculate density.

Having said all that, for the US, at 15 C, 101.325 kPa, 1.9 kg/m is a good approximate density. A 50/50 propane/butane mix might be 2.2 kg/m
                    Sir if the LPG meter is of 0.2 bar and is given in M3 the how to find the density in kg/m3?

Comment

I want to convert 20 meter cube lpg in gaseos form into kilograms, densit is 0.85. pl tell me.

Comment

LPG is LIQUIFIED petroleum gas so by definition its density is that in its liquid state - which, thanks to other contributors, has already been specified as varying between 500-550 kg/m dependant on composition.

Gaseous LPG doesn't exist - once the pressure is released (or the temperature elevated) it becomes known as 'propane' or 'butane'.

Comment

Propane flow is in Nm3/hr then how will convert into Kg/hr. and 755kcal propane require for 1lit of wpl then how will convert into kg/lit of wpl.

Comment

Originally posted by bpat View Post
                            It depends on the type and form. If it is liquid butane it will be 570-580 kg/m3, however if it is gas it will be 1.9-2.1 kg/m3. Liquid propane will be 500-510 kg/m3, and propane gas will be 1.4-1.55 kg/m3. Hope this helps.

May I know At what Pressure you have considered these Conversion Factor of - 1.4 - 1.5Kg/m3 and whats the formula to calculate the same @ the pressure of 1 bar to 1.5 bar of LPG in Vapor Phase.

Thanks,
                            Siddhesh

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                              i am using piped lpg cooking gas.

The company has submitted its first bill and given consumption in m3 and billed me in kg consumed.

Would anybody tell me the conversion rate m2 to kg for cooking lpg?

Rajan k
                              the density of lpg is about 550 kg/m3.it means if you consume 1 m3 lpg,you have consumed 550 kg of lpg.if in gas form its density is 2.2 kg/m3,similarly you have used 2.2 kg of lpg gas.
                              Syed adnan
                              ned karachi

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                              Working...
                              X

Debug Information