X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tons of Refrigeration (TR) calculation

i would like to cool the 325 Ncum/sec air from 28 Deg C to 10 Deg C. kindly let me know how to calculate the equivalent TR required to cool the air.

thanks,

jagadish

Re: Tons of Refrigeration (TR) calculation

1 TR = 12000 btu/hr

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
      i would like to cool the 325 Ncum/sec air from 28 Deg C to 10 Deg C. kindly let me know how to calculate the equivalent TR required to cool the air.

thanks,

jagadish
      You need to know the moisture content of the air for two reasons before you can make much of a start.

*Water vapor is lighter than the other components of air and affects both the density and specific heat. You need to determine density to convert volume of air to mass, then multiply by the temperature difference and specific heat.

*The bigger issue is that air can only hold a limited amount of water vapor, and that limit is a strong function of temperature. Over your temperature range you are likely to exceed the limit at the lower temperature range. Condensing water vapor releases considerable heat (heat of vaporization, in reverse) and will raise cooling requirements.

Once you pin down those issues you can calculate heat removed from the air, but there will also be heat gain from the walls of the device which will lower efficiency.

You are looking at quite a high capacity system, and should review your needs with a refrigeration engineer. Even with added information, I doubt the rough answers we could give will be satisfactory.

Comment

thanks,

jagadish[/QUOTE]

Comment

Hi,
          Have a nice day!
          I would like to know if i have a 50 square meter room area, then i would like to cool my products from 50 degree celcius to 10 degree celcius.

Comment

Hi
            Have a nice day!
            I would like to know if i have a 50 square meter room area, then i would like to cool my products from 50 degree celcius to 10 degree celcius.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              Hi
              Have a nice day!
              I would like to know if i have a 50 square meter room area, then i would like to cool my products from 50 degree celcius to 10 degree celcius.
              [/QUOTE]

This is not really a question, Please can you tell us what you are wanting to know?, also, is it your lounge or a refrigerated room, for starters? What part of the world are you in, Africa or Iceland? Is it for short or long term storage etc?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;35511]i would like to cool the 325 Ncum/sec air from 28 Deg C to 10 Deg C. kindly let me know how to calculate the equivalent TR required to cool the air.

thanks,

jagadish[

Comment

wath is the difference between trh and tonnage

Comment

tr=flow*difference of tem/3.024

Comment

room size- 66x44x9 feet, manpower in the hall- 30 nos., lighting load- 19.5 kw, size of glass window of the hall- 45 sq.ft.
                      Outside temp.-45 degree, inside temp. Required- 24 degree,
                      Pl. Calculate and send the tonnage required for air conditioning

Comment

Required tonnage --21Tr

Comment

Re: How can calculate ton of refrigeration in any units?
                          1 ton of refrigeration = 12000 btu's / hr
                          1 ton of refrigeration = 3.51 kw cooling
                          ( 12000 / 3414 = 3,51 )
                          typically for 1 ton of cooling your air supply from the evaparator would be 400 cfm as a general guide.

As a general guideline for sizing a/c units for small offices or bedrooms etc we use as quick guide 500 btu's/hr per sq meter or 11 sq feet.
                          i.e A room measuring 4m x 3m = 12 sq meters
                          Therefore a quick rule of thumb says we need a unit with a cooling capacity of 12 x 500 = 6000 btu's/hr,
                          most manufacturers smallest unit would be 9000 btu's / hr so we would quote to install a 9000 btu' hr

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                          Working...
                          X

Debug Information