X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I convert mg/ml to mg/kg?

A recent study on a nutritional supplement indicated that high dosages of 10 mg/ml administered chronically to mice, caused health problems.

I am attempting to figure out what a 10 mg/ml dose converts to in mg/kg?

Re: How do I convert mg/ml to mg/kg?

Check your original post here:
    http://forum.onlineconversion.com/showthread.php?t=5364

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Fogt
      Check your original post
      Sorry....but I have not recieved an answer to my question in either thread.

Comment

Originally posted by INTRACELLULAR
        Sorry....but I have not recieved an answer to my question in either thread.
        Sorry about that. The problem is there is no "answer" as such. The differences in different species means you can't just do a mathematical conversion, and draw any conclusions from it. If you are a student, I would suggest you do a literature review through the medical journals, examining these types of suppliments on humans.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs X
          The differences in different species means you can't just do a mathematical conversion, and draw any conclusions from it.

Thank you for your time however, I respectfully disagree.

It appears as though the individuals who conducted the study, did in fact have a mathematical estimate (e.g. 40-fold higher). Here's more....

"The plasma NAC level at this dose was similar to the target peak level in the human study of the hypoxia-mimetic effects of NAC, though the dose per weight was approximately 40-fold higher and the exposure continuous."

Comment

I think you need a dose volume. This is what worked from me. I had two concentrations
            300 mg/ml and 1000 mg/kg. I wanted to see if they were the similar. I also know that the study is using mice where there is a dose volume of 10 ml/kg.

so, 300 mg/ml * 10 ml/kg=3000 mg/kg.
            I hope this helps.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
            Working...
            X

Debug Information