X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• conversion of lux to watts

Trying to determine how many lux are in a 75 or 100 watt light bulb. Can't find the conversion anywhere else....

Re: conversion of lux to watts

Hello Poster,

Converting between watts and lux doesn't quite make sense, because the wattage of a light bulb is a property of the light bulb, whereas lux measure the illumination on a surface.

For example, if you move twice as far from a light bulb, then the lux reaching you decrease by a factor of four, simply because you moved farther away.

You may be thinking instead of a unit called a lumen. The rating of a light bulb in lumens is usually shown on the packaging.

A traditional 75-watt incandescent light bulb produces about 1200 lumens. A 100-watt bulb produces about 1600 lumnens. But even with lumens, the conversion from watts will depend on the brand and characteristics of the specific light bulb.

Comment

dear Roy,
      I needed a help from u...I have HeNe Laser (green) at 543.5nm of whose output power is to be determined..Can u help me find a method to convert lux to Watts/mt^2...???

Thanking u,
      Adithya

Comment

G'Day Roy (I hope I got your name right) what I am trying to do is understand when a manufacture rates and electric soldering iron in watts say 70 watts what that is in C or F degrees for example silver solder (some) has a melting point of approx 1200C and I think the nearest in watts on an iron is 125watts.I am not sure.Hope this makes sense.bill

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
          G'Day Roy (I hope I got your name right) what I am trying to do is understand when a manufacture rates and electric soldering iron in watts say 70 watts what that is in C or F degrees for example silver solder (some) has a melting point of approx 1200C and I think the nearest in watts on an iron is 125watts.I am not sure.Hope this makes sense.bill
          To do silver soldering you will probably need a flame such as oxy-acetylene. You will not be able to do it with an iron, as you need to get both parts you are joining hottter than the melting temp of the silver solder.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Trying to determine how many lux are in a 75 or 100 watt light bulb. Can't find the conversion anywhere else....
            please convert 2000 lux into watt

Comment

I hope someone could help; I have a 200 mW green laser pointer with 532 nm wavelength, how can know it's output in lux?

Comment

Working...
              X