Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• microgram/L to microgram/gm conversion

hi friends,
    I have extracted 1gm of soil with 25 ml of water and then analysed this water, the result was 5 microgram/L (ppb)... can u help me in calculating the conc. in 1 gm of soil (ic conc. in origenal sample either in ppm or in ppb) !!!
    farooq

Re: microgram/L to microgram/gm conversion

Originally posted by Unregistered
    hi friends,
    I have extracted 1gm of soil with 25 ml of water and then analysed this water, the result was 5 microgram/L (ppb)... can u help me in calculating the conc. in 1 gm of soil (ic conc. in origenal sample either in ppm or in ppb) !!!
    farooq
    Hi,

In solutions, ppb is micrograms per litre.
    In solids, ppb is micrograms per kilogram.
    There are 1000mL in 1L

You had 25mL of 5g/L solution, so your 25mL contains

5g x 25/1000 = 0.125g.

Your original sample has 0.125g in 1g

Would you like to have a go at working out the last step yourself? - It sounds as though you need to be able to do this if you are involved in soil/water chemistry.

You are most welcome to post back here if you want your answers checked, or you need more help.

Comment

Re: microgram/L to microgram/gm conversion

Thanks dear,
      yes i m working on soil-water interaction (soil geochemistry), fortunately i have also done the correct calculations but to be frank i was not sure about that... and i have done that in a lengthy way. i wish to discuss some more data sets. mail me at [.. guest link removed ..]
      bye
      Hilal Farooq

Comment

Working...
      X