Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

cubic meter to linear meter (stock take)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cubic meter to linear meter (stock take)

Hi there I'm having problems to get linear meter on a wood pack of jarraha which has been sliced into strips of 45mm(w) by 5mm(h)by4500mm(l) the strip are packed to make a wood packet of 540mm(w) by 250mm(h) by 4500mm(l) so cubic meter of packet will be 0.54*0.25*4.5= 0.6075 cubic meter , now from here on I struggle to think out side the square to calculate linear meter. Please Help.

Re: cubic meter to linear meter (stock take)

Originally posted by layton
    Hi there I'm having problems to get linear meter on a wood pack of jarraha which has been sliced into strips of 45mm(w) by 5mm(h)by4500mm(l) the strip are packed to make a wood packet of 540mm(w) by 250mm(h) by 4500mm(l) so cubic meter of packet will be 0.54*0.25*4.5= 0.6075 cubic meter , now from here on I struggle to think out side the square to calculate linear meter. Please Help.
    Each piece is 4.5 m long, which is also the length of the package. I think you need to know the number of pieces.

If I assume perfect packing, the face area of the pack is 540 mm x 250 mm and of the piece 45 mm x 5 mm.
    (540*250)/(45*5) = 600 pieces. If each piece is 4.5 m, then you have 2700 linear meters.

If I consider imperfect packing, I look at best way to put 45 x 5 pieces in a 540 x 250 array. Both of the larger numbers are divisible by 5, only 540 is divisible by 45. So I pack 12 pieces 45 mm wide across the 540 mm dimension, and 50 layers (250 mm/5 mm). In real world packing problems, parts don't fit exabtly, there is some wasted space. I have to round each division to an integer and try alternative packs, taking the best.

Comment

Re: cubic meter to linear meter (stock take)

Thank you John I have got my head around it (1) packet width is divided with wood strip width to get amount of wood strip across . (2) packet depth is divided with the wood strip depth with to get amount of wood strip in the depth . now (1) is multiply with (2) to get amount of wood strips . Now wood strips are multiplyied with packet length of 4.5m to get linear meters

1. (w pkt) divided (w strip)= amount(w) .

2. (h pkt) divided (h strip)= amount(h)

3. (w) x (h) = strip amount .

4. strip amount x packet length = linear meters

Comment

Working...
      X