Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: converting ng/dl into nmol/ml

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    how can i convert ng/dl into nmol/ml for SHBG?
    You have to find the weight in ng of one nanomole of your material. There are 100mL in 1dL.

You can post back here if you still need help. - Perhaps start a new thread though, and copy and paste from here.

Comment

Re: converting pg/ml to ng/dl

How about 221ng/dL convertered into ___pg/mL

Thanks!

Comment

need help understanding recent ZRT saliva Testosterone results:

Results was 304 pg/ml

Range is 44-148...I am way out the range on the high end.

Does 304 pg/ml mean that my levels are 3,004 ng/dl? If so, my testosterone levels are off the chart! Any help understanding this would be very grateful. Thanks!

Jay

Comment

Re: converting pg/ml in pmol/l ?

can you plz help with the conversion from nano mol to nano gram. the mol wt is 267

Comment

Re: converting pg/ml in pmol/l ?

can you plz help with the conversion from nano mol to nano gram. the mol wt is 267
            The molecular weight means the molar mass is 267 g/mol (or ng/nmol)
            Just multiply by the molar mass.

Comment

I just had my testosterone checked and I came in at 8.3. He said the normal level is 8.7 to 12 for someone my age. Any idea what units he is measuring? I asked about ng/dl and he wasn't familiar with that scale. Any help would be much appreciated.

Comment

I just had my testosterone checked and I came in at 8.3. He said the normal level is 8.7 to 12 for someone my age. Any idea what units he is measuring? I asked about ng/dl and he wasn't familiar with that scale. Any help would be much appreciated.
                There are 1000 pico grams in 1 nanogram, and there are 100 millilitres in one decilitre.

Therefore 8.3pg/mL = 0.83ng/dL

Comment

Hello,

Sorry if this is basically a re-post of others. I have a similar question to the gentleman above. I had my T levels checked, and when I asked what the number was, he told me it was 14.4. Ive been searching around the internet and I can't find the proper scale to gauge what the heck that number means. I was expecting something from the scale of 300-1000, which I guess is total testosterone.
                  Any help would be appreciated as to what 14.4 means, whether it's normal (I'm 27), and how one would convert that to Total testosterone and/or free testosterone. I'm requesting the paperwork today so I can see the units used, etc, myself.

Comment

Hello,

Sorry if this is basically a re-post of others. I have a similar question to the gentleman above. I had my T levels checked, and when I asked what the number was, he told me it was 14.4. Ive been searching around the internet and I can't find the proper scale to gauge what the heck that number means. I was expecting something from the scale of 300-1000, which I guess is total testosterone.
                    Any help would be appreciated as to what 14.4 means, whether it's normal (I'm 27), and how one would convert that to Total testosterone and/or free testosterone. I'm requesting the paperwork today so I can see the units used, etc, myself.
                    The "14.4" will have some level after it, such as ng/L or µmol/mL. It may also depend whether they do a blood test or urine test as to what the expected levels would be. My best suggestion is to check with the person again, and ask for the normal range.

Here are a couple of sites that show the different levels. The first one is pretty difficult, the second even worse.

http://www.mens-hormonal-health.com/...ne-levels.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testosterone

Comment

como convierto 3.35 pg/ml a pg/dl

Comment

como convierto 3.35 pg/ml a pg/dl
                        1 dL = 100 mL, so
                        3.35 pg/mL x 100 mL/dL = 335 pg/dL

Comment

Can somebody tell me what 7.50 pg/ml would be equal to in ng/dl??

Comment

Can somebody tell me what 7.50 pg/ml would be equal to in ng/dl??
                            7.5 pg/mL x 100 mL/dL x 1 ng/1000 pg = 0.75 ng/dL

Comment

For those who are trying to do this conversion to interpret blood testosterone results and are getting confused, you should be aware that two different measurements are often used:

1) Total testosterone, which is usually reported in ng/dL and runs the normal range from 250-1100.

2) Free testosterone, which is usually reported in pg/mL and runs the normal range from 35-155.

So you need to know which one you're looking at in order for your results to make sense.

I don't know anything about the math of the conversions, but from what I've read here, if you have a free testosterone result of, say, 110 pg/mL, that would be the same as having a free testosterone result of 11.0 ng/dL. Note that this is still the free testosterone result, and just because you have converted it to the ng/dL scale, does NOT mean you should take the 11.0 ng/dL result and use it on the total testosterone scale (which has the 250-1100 range).

Comment

Originally posted by JohnS View Post
                                To convert from grams to moles (regardless of any prefix) it is necessary to know the molar mass, or molecular weight, expressed in grams per mole. That can either be looked up in a reference or computed from the chemical formula and a periodic table.

That quantity will be specific to the substance. Since you didn't identify it, I can't convert it.
                                Hi,

I am new to this forum. I have a question. If I have a stock concentration in nM and I want to dilute it down to pg/microlitre (final conc.), how can I do it? I also have the molecular weight available with me.

Just to reiterate my query with figures, say,
                                Stock conc= 130 nM
                                Mol wt.= 256 g/M
                                Final conc= 23 pg/microlitre
                                Final volume= 50 microlitre.

Now, to get the final solution (50 microlitre of 23 pg/microlitre), how much volume (in micreolitre) of the stock concentration should I mix with water?

Cheers!
                                Harsh

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                                Working...
                                X

Debug Information