tons to cubic yards, anyone? 3/4 in. gravel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tons to cubic yards, anyone? 3/4 in. gravel

im not sure of the exact make up of the rock but im getting it from a quary in eastern nc. and my truck can cary 20 tons can anybody tell me roughly how many cubic yards of material that would be? or at least a good place to find out thanks

Re: tons to cubic yards, anyone? 3/4 in. gravel

Without a density, you have nothing to convert.

There is a site has representative densities of a variety of solids including rock and stone but being new I can't post a link.

Here's to fighting spam.

If you Google "density of stone", it's the second result.

Good luck.

AB

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
      im not sure of the exact make up of the rock but im getting it from a quary in eastern nc. and my truck can cary 20 tons can anybody tell me roughly how many cubic yards of material that would be? or at least a good place to find out thanks
      If you measure the tray of your truck, you should be able to get a pretty good idea. Length x width x depth gives volume.

For example, if your tray is four yards long, two yards wide, and you fill it one and a half yards full with gravel, then the volume is given by:

4 x 2 x 1.5 = 12 cubic yards.

Comment

good idea! ill just figure the volume of the truck bed, thanks for makin sense

Comment

I have a printed page from ACS Industries that gives a lot of material densities.

It has several for gravel, but 'Gravel - dry (1/2" to 2")' seems to fit what you have. They give 2850 lb/ydł
          (1 ton = 2000 lb)

So your 20 ton load would be 14 ydł, more or less.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
            good idea! ill just figure the volume of the truck bed, thanks for makin sense
            You're welcome! - A rare lucid moment for me

Comment

crushed rock = 1.3 tons = aprox 1 yard

Comment

Working...
              X