Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• conversion of nanograms to micromoles

I need to convert a 1683.2 ng/ul of a primer to nanomoles/ul.please help

Re: conversion of nanograms to micromoles

Just divide by the molecular weight, which is also the molar mass in g/mol.

Comment

5-aminosalicylic acid (5-ASA): 4.3 mol/L, Pl.convert to nanogram/mL.

Comment

Conversion from micromoles/L to ng/ml

Id to know how to convert .04 micromoles/L of progesterone (M.W. 314.4668) to ng/ml. thanks alot for your time.

Comment

Re: Conversion from micromoles/L to ng/ml

Originally posted by heliozoo View Post
          Id to know how to convert .04 micromoles/L of progesterone (M.W. 314.4668) to ng/ml. thanks alot for your time.
          Thanks for finding the MW. It is also the molar mass in grams per mole. This simplifies your problem to prefix manipulation

0.04 mol/L x 314.4668 g/mol = 12.579 g/L
          Since 1000 ng = 1 g, and 1000 mL = 1L, the two factors of 1000 will cancel, and it is also 12.579 ng/mL.

Comment

I'm trying to convert 3.10 umol/L of selenium to ng/ml. Molar mass of selenium is 78.96g/mol. As I understand from previous calculations that should equate to 244.78 ng/ml. Unfortunately this falls outside the reference range while the 3.10umol/L falls well within the reference range. So i just wanted to be sure I was doing my calculations correctly....

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              I'm trying to convert 3.10 umol/L of selenium to ng/ml. Molar mass of selenium is 78.96g/mol. As I understand from previous calculations that should equate to 244.78 ng/ml. Unfortunately this falls outside the reference range while the 3.10umol/L falls well within the reference range. So i just wanted to be sure I was doing my calculations correctly....
              Yes, you did it right:
              3.10 mol/L x 78.96 g/mol = 244.78 g/L (or ng/mL)
              (probably should be rounded to 245 g/L)

You might check the desired units, though. Many blood tests stated as mass/volume are stated per deciliter (dL, equal to 0.1 L or 100 mL). The above would be 24.5 g/dL.

Comment

Can some one please tell me how to achieve a final concentration of 100 pM ACTH F.W. 2933, in a final volume of 10 ml? I have an aliquot stock of ACTH at a concentration of 100 ng/l?

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                  Can some one please tell me how to achieve a final concentration of 100 pM ACTH F.W. 2933, in a final volume of 10 ml? I have an aliquot stock of ACTH at a concentration of 100 ng/l?
                  is F.W. the same as the molecular weight?

If so, you want 10mL of concentration 100pM (picomoles per litre).

The weight you need is 10(mL)/1000(mL) x 2933(pg) x 100(pM) = 2933pg in 10mL (or 2.933ng in 10mL).

This requires 0.02933L of your stock.

You probably should do a 1 in 100 dilution on your stock to be able to reliably get 2.933ng. Even at a 1:100 dilution, this is still only 2.933L diluted stock required.

Comment

Can someone please tell me how to convert nanograms/gram (lipid weight) to uM?

I would like to convert 188 ng/g to uM. The substance has a MW of 641.7 gram/mole.

Comment

conversion from mg/ml to micromole/ml

i have an drug mol. wt = 197.8. and stock solution is 1mg/ml. i want 1ml solution of 2 micromole/ml.. can anyone help me to solve this problem..

Comment

Re: conversion from mg/ml to micromole/ml

i have an drug mol. wt = 197.8. and stock solution is 1mg/ml. i want 1ml solution of 2 micromole/ml.. can anyone help me to solve this problem..
                        So stock solution is 1 mg/mL x 1 mol/197.8 g = 5.06 mol/mL

You want 2 mol x 1/mL/5.06 mol = 0.396 mL of stock, dilute to 1 mL

Comment

Re: conversion from mg/ml to micromolar/ml

mol.wt= 197.8
                          stock = 1mg/ml
                          required= .1micromolar/2ml

can any one help me

Comment

can u plz tel me 20ng= hw many micromolar??

Comment

can u plz tel me 20ng= hw many micromolar??
                              Not unless you tell me what it is or what its molar mass is. All conversions between grams and moles (regardless of prefixes) are substance specific.

Micromolar is a concentration not an amount. If we knew the molecular weight we could convert to moles. To know molarity, you would then have to tell me how much liquid you dissolved it in.

Comment

Working...
                              X