X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LPG kg/hr to m3/hr

i want to convert LPG (spge 0.54) from kg/hr to m3/hr. Please tell me how to do this

Re: LPG kg/hr to m3/hr

Originally posted by Unregistered
    i want to convert LPG (spge 0.54) from kg/hr to m3/hr. Please tell me how to do this
    The specific gravity is just the density relative to water, which is 1000 kg/m, so your LPG, as a liquid, is 540 kg/m. If you mean as a liquid, just divide by that figure.

If you mean as a gas, the volume of LPG as a gas is around 270-277 (I've seen various figures) its volume as a liquid, so the gas density is around 1.95-2.0 kg/m

Comment

I have installed a gasflow refillable bottles of lpg in my motorhome and they are 2 x 11kg. When I go to the petrol station to refill, it is calculated in lts. I feel I am going through a lot more gas with this refillables.
      I want to know the equivelent in lts. to kg.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
        I have installed a gasflow refillable bottles of lpg in my motorhome and they are 2 x 11kg. When I go to the petrol station to refill, it is calculated in lts. I feel I am going through a lot more gas with this refillables.
        It is the specific gravity 0.54 kg/L.

(That must have quite a bit of butane in the mix as straight propane is 0.51 kg/L)

Comment

[quote=unregistered;49873]i want to convert lpg (spge 0.54) from kg/hr to m3/hr. Please tell me how to do this[10KG/HR/quote

Comment

I want to convert 2500cum/hr LP Gas into Kg/hr

Comment

Originally posted by nakumar View Post
              I want to convert 2500cum/hr LP Gas into Kg/hr
              Cubic meters of the evaporated gas? Propane (as sold in US and Canada) is about 1.85 kg/m. The propane/butane mix used in other countries is a bit heavier, maybe up to 2 kg/m. So, depending on gas composition 1250 to 1350 kg/h.

Comment

i would like to conver my motorhome to so that i can just fill up at a petrol station could you tell me how much it would cost and where to get the parts cliff scarborough 01723581033

Comment

Re: water m3/hr

water m3/hr. Please tell me how to do this[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                    You need to know the density. In the US, LPG is >95% propane, and the density is 0.51 kg/L. So an 11 kg bottle should be 21.6 L.

In other countries, LPG is often a seasonal mix of propane and butane to lower the vapor pressure. The density can vary 0.54 - 0.58 kg/L, the higher density being typical of summer in hotter locations (more butane)

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                      This information is required in the selection of LPG Vapouriser capacity.

Comment

Working...
                      X