X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IU/L to IU/ml

I am a complete non-scientist and have confused myself. Can anyone tell me how to convert IU/L to IU/ml?

Thank you.

Re: IU/L to IU/ml

Originally posted by Unregistered
    I am a complete non-scientist and have confused myself. Can anyone tell me how to convert IU/L to IU/ml?

Thank you.
    Divide by 1000 (or multiply by 0.001) because 1 mL = 0.001 L.

Comment

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Comment

How would i convert IU/ml to copies/ml ? plesae help if any one knows thank you

Comment

Re: Creat Urine unit conversion from mmol/24hr to mg/dl

Is there a conversion value to convert Urine Creatnine from mmol/24hrs to mg/dl

Comment

Re: Creat Urine unit conversion from mmol/24hr to mg/dl

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Is there a conversion value to convert Urine Creatnine from mmol/24hrs to mg/dl
            You would have to know the total volume passed in 24 hours.
            The molar mass is 113.12 g/mol (or mg/mmol). Multiply by this to get total milligrams, divide by urine output in deciliters (liters times ten)

Comment

IU/ml to U/l

I would appreciate it if someone could help me figure out how to convert IU/ml to U/l in a HCG report. what IU stands for?

Comment

Re: IU/ml to U/l

I would appreciate it if someone could help me figure out how to convert IU/ml to U/l in a HCG report. what IU stands for?
                International Unit. There is an international agreement on activity level (usually corresponding to specific weights of one or more chemical compounds producing a similar type of activity). You have to find the agreement; its different for everything measured in IU.

"U" is just units. One or more nations may have an agreed activity level, but maybe not international agreement. Again you have to find the definition for that substance.

Comment

Re: IU/ml to U/l

Additionally, there are always 1000mL in one L, so for a particular substance, 1 IU/mL = 1000 IU/L.

Comment

Working...
                  X