Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sand weight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sand weight

    How much does a cubic yard of sand weigh? Thank you.

  • #2
    Re: Sand weight

    A materials data sheet I use says:
    * 2700 lb/yd for dry sand
    * 3500 lb/yd for wet sand

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Sand weight

      how much sand is 10lbs i need it for a project (how big in cubic feet)

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Sand weight

        Originally posted by Unregistered
        how much sand is 10lbs i need it for a project (how big in cubic feet)
        Dry sand is about 100 lb/ft, so you only need 0.1 ft

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Sand weight

          how much does a cudic yard weight

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Crushed stone granite weight

            what tonnage of crushed granite stone is in a cubic meter

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Crushed stone granite weight

              Originally posted by Unregistered
              what tonnage of crushed granite stone is in a cubic meter
              Crushed granite is around 2800 lb/yd or 1.66 t/m

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Sand weight

                how much does a gallon of sand weigh?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Sand weight

                  Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                  how much does a gallon of sand weigh?
                  Sand is about 100 lb/ft. A cubic foot is 1728 in and a gallon is 231 in, so 100 x 231/1728 = 13.4 lb.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Sand weight

                    Please what is 1cubic meter in ton

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Weight of 1 liter wet sand

                      I was curious about what a 2 liter bottle full of wet sand would weigh was just looking to see if i did math correctly.

                      If wet sand being 3500 lb/yr3 3500/27sf (27 sf3 per cubic yard) = 129.258 lb/ft3

                      So..

                      1 liter being 61.02 in3

                      Using the same one for gallons just subing liter for gallon..

                      129.258 x 61.02/1728 = 4.564 lb of wet sand per liter

                      That right?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Weight of 1 liter wet sand

                        Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                        I was curious about what a 2 liter bottle full of wet sand would weigh was just looking to see if i did math correctly.

                        If wet sand being 3500 lb/yr3 3500/27sf (27 sf3 per cubic yard) = 129.258 lb/ft3

                        So..

                        1 liter being 61.02 in3

                        Using the same one for gallons just subing liter for gallon..

                        129.258 x 61.02/1728 = 4.564 lb of wet sand per liter

                        That right?
                        Your methodology is correct. I found one error in your calculations: 3500 lb/yd3 / 27 ft3/yd3 = 129.6296 lb/ft3, not 129.258 lb/ft3

                        129.6296 lb/ft3 * (61.02 in3/L / 1728 in3/ft3) = 4.5778 lb/L

                        So, a 2 L bottle of this wet sand would weigh 9.1556 lb

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Sand weight

                          Originally posted by Guest Bob Fl View Post
                          How much does a cubic yard of sand weigh? Thank you.
                          how much weight of 400 cubic feet of wet send in kgs

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Sand weight

                            ok i wanted to know what a piece of pvc pipe 1in and 1.5in in diameter and 6 foot long would weigh when filled with dry sand so here's my math:

                            3.14x.5^2x72=56.6in cubed

                            100(56.6/1728)=3.27lbs

                            3.14x.8^2x72=145in cubed

                            100(145/1728)=8.39lbs

                            is my math right?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Sand weight

                              Originally posted by championjc View Post
                              ok i wanted to know what a piece of pvc pipe 1in and 1.5in in diameter and 6 foot long would weigh when filled with dry sand so here's my math:

                              3.14x.5^2x72=56.6in cubed

                              100(56.6/1728)=3.27lbs

                              3.14x.8^2x72=145in cubed

                              100(145/1728)=8.39lbs

                              is my math right?
                              The math is OK, but the density for dry sand is too high. I recommend 100 lb/ft. Also be sure you use inside diameters of the pipe, not outside.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X