X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pipe conversion

I need to figure out how to convert a 20 foot piece of pipe with a 20 inch diameter so I can figure out how many yards of concrete it will take to fill it up. Can anyone help

Re: pipe conversion

Originally posted by Unregistered
    I need to figure out how to convert a 20 foot piece of pipe with a 20 inch diameter so I can figure out how many yards of concrete it will take to fill it up. Can anyone help
    Is 20" the inside diameter? 20" = 1.667'

Volume of pipe is (pi/4)*d*d*L = 0.785*1.667*1.667*20 = 43.63 ft³

There are 27 ft³/yd³, so 1.62 yd³

Comment

Hello,

I am wondering if you can help me with how many gallons of water would be in 600ft of 6" pipe. I know the formula for the volume of a cylinder is 3.14 x r squared x the height. But I'm not sure what to do because of the inches and feet.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Hello,

I am wondering if you can help me with how many gallons of water would be in 600ft of 6" pipe. I know the formula for the volume of a cylinder is 3.14 x r squared x the height. But I'm not sure what to do because of the inches and feet.

Thanks
        You have to change either the feet or the inches; you can't do volume in mixed units. Since a gallon is defined as 231 cubic inches, I recommend changing the length,
        600 ft x 12 in/ft = 7200 in, then
        3.14*(3 in)²*7200 in * 1gallon/231 in³ = 881.3 gallons

Comment

Working...
        X