Hertz to KWH

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hertz to KWH

I have a 110/120 V swimming pool pump that indicates it uses 60 Hertz per hour. Can anyone help me convert this to KWH?
    THANKS!

Re: Hertz to KWH

Originally posted by Unregistered
    I have a 110/120 V swimming pool pump that indicates it uses 60 Hertz per hour. Can anyone help me convert this to KWH?
    THANKS!
    Nope. 60 Hz is the frequency of the alternating current and has nothing to do with level of power. In the US, the frequency is always 60 Hz (in other parts of the world, 50 Hz is common).

Look for the current, measured in amperes (A). Multiply the current times voltage (115 V) to get power in watts. Divide by 1000 for kilowatts.

If you want kWh, multiply by hours run. Kilowatt*hour is a kilowatt for an hour.

Comment

Or, look for the power in W. Multiply by the number of hours itís going to be running, and divide by 1000 to get kWh.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnS View Post
        Nope. 60 Hz is the frequency of the alternating current and has nothing to do with level of power. In the US, the frequency is always 60 Hz (in other parts of the world, 50 Hz is common).

Look for the current, measured in amperes (A). Multiply the current times voltage (115 V) to get power in watts. Divide by 1000 for kilowatts.

If you want kWh, multiply by hours run. Kilowatt*hour is a kilowatt for an hour.

48Vbattery now How to Change in Kw

Comment

Working...
        X