X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• conversion from a known density to ppm

I want to know how to convert a 45g/l of known componds at a density of 1.2g/cc to ppm part per million

thanks

Re: conversion from a known density to ppm

For liquids, ppm is the same as mg/L while for solids ppm is the same as mg/kg

45 g/L = 45000 mg/L = 45000 ppm

For solids, you'd need to know the density to convert mg/L to mg/kg, but you need the density of the total solution, not the part.

For example, you list a density of 1.2 g/cc, which is most likely the density of the substance, when you need the density of the entire solution. If that makes sense.

Comment

Re: sea water densityto ppm of TDS

i want to know how much salt in PPM will be there insea water density of 1.025 kg/m3 and in freah water of density 1.000 kg/m3

Comment

Re: sea water densityto ppm of TDS

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        i want to know how much salt in PPM will be there insea water density of 1.025 kg/m3 and in freah water of density 1.000 kg/m3
        I'm not sure if you are using the point as a decimal separator or thousands separator. However, fresh water is approximately 1000 kg/m or 1.0 kg/L (and contains no salt.

For both fresh and salt water, density is a function of temperature as well as salinity. However, sea water of approximate density of 1.025 kg/L has approximately 3.5% salt content, 35 g/kg, or 35 000 ppm.

For higher accuracy, you need to consider temperature as well, as the relationship is relatively complex. There is a thread about it in our "Resources" forumn.

Comment

Re: conversion from a known density to ppm

Please explain me how to convert 300000 ppmw and having 6767 kg/h into density !
          The vendor has taken a density span of 1000-2000 kg/m3 . This calls for gamma density measurement of slurry service .

Comment

To calc ppm solution of lactic acid

Hello,

I want to by mass how much of a 80% lactic acid solution is required
            To make a 200ppm solution for 889 litres

Comment

Re: To calc ppm solution of lactic acid

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              Hello,

I want to by mass how much of a 80% lactic acid solution is required
              To make a 200ppm solution for 889 litres
              Hi, i answered your other thread, but that was for 89L of final solution. If you can use the same calculation to work out what you actaully need, go for it, but you are welcome to post back if it is still not clear.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
              Working...
              X

Debug Information