X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pounds to liters

I buy coffee beans in 5 pound non-resealable bags and I am looking for containers to store them in. All containers I've been finding are sold by liters. What size liter container will hold 5 pounds of whole coffee beans?

Thank you!

Re: pounds to liters

Originally posted by Unregistered
    I buy coffee beans in 5 pound non-resealable bags and I am looking for containers to store them in. All containers I've been finding are sold by liters. What size liter container will hold 5 pounds of whole coffee beans?

Thank you!
    5 lb x 0.4536 kg/lb = 2.268 kg
    This source gives a density of 0.35 to 0.38 kg/L for roasted coffee beans: http://www.powderandbulk.com/resourc...ty_chart_c.htm

Using the minimum,
    2.269 kg x 1 L/0.35 kg = 6.48 L

Comment

If i have 43lb propane tank and want to fill it how many liters will i need?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        If i have 43lb propane tank and want to fill it how many liters will i need?
        43 lb = 19.5 kg
        At density of 0.51 kg/L, 38.2 L

Comment

What if I had 2.5 lb's of orange juice and I needed them to be in L what do I do?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            What if I had 2.5 lb's of orange juice and I needed them to be in L what do I do?
            First, convert to kilograms
            2.5 lb x 0.45359237 kg/lb = 1.134 kg

Now you need to know the density. Water is 1 kg/L, orange juice should be slightly higher due to sugar content, but I don't know a good value. I'm guessing between 1.0 - 1.1 L. It might be easier to just measure.

Comment

Working...
            X