• ppm to mcg

How do you calculate ppm to mcg?
    Thanks!

Re: ppm to mcg

Originally posted by Unregistered
    How do you calculate ppm to mcg?
    Thanks!
    Hi,

It depends what you have, solid liquid or gas system, or combination. Can you give any more information?

Comment

What I'm wanting to convert is a liquid solution of vanadium-chromium from .18 ppm to mcg? I want to see which is more in a tablet form or the liquid. thank you.Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        What I'm wanting to convert is a liquid solution of vanadium-chromium from .18 ppm to mcg? I want to see which is more in a tablet form or the liquid. thank you.Dave
        Assuming it is a dilute solution in water, the solution has a mass VERY close to 1 kg/L. So 1 ppm would be 1 mg per kg of solution (nearly 1 liter) or 1 mcg per gram of solution (near 1 mL).

For 0.18 ppm, it would be 0.18 mg/L or 0.18 mcg/mL. The exact mass amount would depend on the amount of solution used.

Comment

Converting ppm to mcg

How do I convert ppm to mcg? I need to know if 4ppm of Cyanocobalamin is more or less than 100mcg of the same substance, both in liquid form.

Comment

Re: Converting ppm to mcg

How do I convert ppm to mcg? I need to know if 4ppm of Cyanocobalamin is more or less than 100mcg of the same substance, both in liquid form.
            Ppm is the ratio of one thing mixed (dilutely) in another. If you have 25 or more grams of total mixture AND it is 4 ppm of Cyanocobalamin, then you have 100 or more mcg

If you don't know the total amount of mixture, the question has no answer.

Of course to add confusion, ppm may be a ratio of mass/mass, mass/volume, volume/volume, or mole fraction ratios. If you don't know the basis of the ppm calculation, again it has no meaning. What kind of ppm.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs X View Post
              Hi,

It depends what you have, solid liquid or gas system, or combination. Can you give any more information?
              Selenium is the property i would like to convert to mcg

Comment

Selenium is the property i would like to convert to mcg; I.e. 44ppm = x mcg?

Comment

Selenium is the property i would like to convert to mcg; I.e. 44ppm = x mcg?
                  Hi, Selenium is not a "property" as such, it is an element. Are you able to describe what you are trying to do? And Why? (medication, soil testing, water testing, blood levels etc?)

Selenium HAS properties, such as density, melting point, atomic number and so on.

Comment

I have 500 ppm colloidal silver in one product and 300 mcg colloidal silver in another product. I am just trying to figure out....cost effectiveness AND potency.

Comment

Working...
                    X