Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re: mg/dl to grams

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: mg/dl to grams

    i need to convert 203.9 mg/dL to blood alcohol percentage.

  • #2
    Re: mg/dl to grams

    Originally posted by Unregistered
    i need to convert 203.9 mg/dL to blood alcohol percentage.
    Blood alcohol is usually expressed as percent by volume, g/100 mL or g/dL, so 0.2039%, seriously drunk vs. 0.08% legal limit.

    This article may help on other units:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_alcohol_content

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: mg/dl to grams

      a follow up question:
      so -for example- 0.1% is equal to 0.1 mg/dL ??? Thanks!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: mg/dl to grams

        Originally posted by Unregistered
        a follow up question:
        so -for example- 0.1% is equal to 0.1 mg/dL ??? Thanks!
        No, a deciliter is approximately 100 g, so 0.1% = 0.1 g or 100 mg per deciliter

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: mg/dl to grams

          203.9/1000=0.2039/1.14=0.179

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: mg/dl to grams

            my husband went to hospiatl and his blood alcohol was 179 mg/dl..whats the percentage and was he over any limits..how high was his level??

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: mg/dl to grams

              Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              my husband went to hospiatl and his blood alcohol was 179 mg/dl..whats the percentage and was he over any limits..how high was his level??
              0.179%, limit is 0.08, so more than double.

              Comment

              Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              x

              Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

              Registration Image Refresh Image
              Working...
              X

              Debug Information