g/cm3 to kN/m3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g/cm3 to kN/m3

I need to convert 1.67 gt/cm3 to kN/m3. Any idea about this?

Re: g/cm3 to kN/m3

Originally posted by Unregistered1
    I need to convert 1.67 gt/cm3 to kN/m3. Any idea about this?
    1) 1.6 g/cm is also 1.6 kg/L or 1600 kg/m
    2) The force of standard gravity (it varies about % from equator to pole at sea level) acting on a mass is 9.80665 N/kg. (Round to 9.81). So the force acting on it is 15696 N/m or 15.7 kN/m (approx)

Keep in mind, this assumes you are on earth, at sea level, at about 45 latitude. Elsewhere, use local gravity.

Comment

i need to convert 2.518 gr/cc to kN/m3, can you help me please?

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
        i need to convert 2.518 gr/cc to kN/m3, can you help me please?
        Density is 2518 kg/m. For conversion to force (newtons) see discussion in post #2 about local vs "standard" gravity. Depending on accuracy requirements, decide which to multiply by. Assuming standard gravity (I don't know your latitude or elevation above sea level), 24.69 kN/m. Note that the "real" answer varies, place to place.

Comment

so 24.69 kN/m?, ok thanks
          you know about kPa Units?

Comment

so 24.69 kN/m?, ok thanks
            you know about kPa Units?
            The pascal is a unit of pressure, equal to 1 newton per square meter. The kilopascal is 1000 pascals.

Comment

ohh, can you help me convert 35.66 kg/cm2 to kilopascal? its cohesi value for slope stability analysis..

Comment

ohh, can you help me convert 35.66 kg/cm2 to kilopascal? its cohesi value for slope stability analysis..
                If "real" kilograms of mass are involved, use local gravity, if "kilograms-force" (a deprecated unit) use standard gravity.
                35.66 kg/cm x 9.80665 N/kgf x 104 cm/m x 1 kN/1000 N = 3497 kPa (recognizing 1 Pa = 1 N/m).
                Perhaps better written as 3.497 MPa.

Comment

Working...
                X