X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversion of Nm3/hr to l/hr

I was told that there is a standard conversion for this
    1 Nm3/hr = 1.25 l/hr.

I don't know whether this is right and need to verify on this conversion statement.

I am trying to calibrate a flowmeter. The range is 0~210Nm3/hr (gas) and I am using water l/min to calibrate.

Thanks advance for everyone that can help in this.

Henry

Re: Conversion of Nm3/hr to l/hr

Originally posted by hhui
    I was told that there is a standard conversion for this
    1 Nm3/hr = 1.25 l/hr.

I don't know whether this is right and need to verify on this conversion statement.

I am trying to calibrate a flowmeter. The range is 0~210Nm3/hr (gas) and I am using water l/min to calibrate.

Thanks advance for everyone that can help in this.

Henry
    Not a "standard" conversion, or not that one.
    The "N" in Nm means measured at a "normal" temperature and pressure of 0 C and 101.325 kPa. (The volume of a gas is meaningless unless temperature and pressure are stated or implied). However 1 m = 1000 L.

But none of that may be relevant. Depending on the operating principle of your flow meter, the radically different density and viscosity of water vs a gas will affect results. It may be possible to calibrate with water, but you would have to discuss with manufacturer exactly how to do so. It would not be a "universal" process valid for any flow meter (also calibration may depend on the gas.)

Comment

Re: Conversion of Nm3/hr to l/hr

Thanks for the help..

Comment

Working...
      X