• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert ppm to mol%

Please i need to convert 1ppm of Hydrogen Sulfide to mol %

Re: Convert ppm to mol%

Originally posted by Margarida Correia
    Please i need to convert 1ppm of Hydrogen Sulfide to mol %
    What kind of ppm? Ppm can be specified as a ratio by mass, volume or mole fraction. If by mole fraction. 1 ppm is 0.0001%. If not by molae fraction, by what basis, and what is the other constituent?

If it is hydrogen sulphide mixed in another gass, the ppm is most likely expressed as a mole fraction.

Comment

Please i need to convert 200ppm of Hydrogen Sulfide to mol %

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Please i need to convert 200ppm of Hydrogen Sulfide to mol %
        What kind of ppm (weight/weight, weight/volume, volume/volume or molar ratio)? What is the H2S mixed in?

Comment

This is a simple question, we need a simple answer.
          Everyone that has asked this is in the oil field.
          The gas is normally wet, and within a million mixtures of CO2 and methanes and are very necessary to help solve simple issues. At any one point many assumptions need to be made, what are they. To answer with other questions is never helpful, let them understand that the answers you give are based on the following assumptions.....
          IT too frustrating to have John S always answer with no help questions....make the call...

Comment

The gas is normally wet, and within a million mixtures of CO2 and methanes and are very necessary to help solve simple issues. At any one point many assumptions need to be made, what are they. To answer with other questions is never helpful, let them understand that the answers you give are based on the following assumptions.....
            IT too frustrating to have John S always answer with no help questions....make the call...
            OK, I assume the ppm you are giving are based on molar ratios because that is what is usual for gases. So 10000 ppm is 1 mol percent (because 1% of a million parts is 10000 parts).

Of course if it is NOT ppm based on molar ratios, that is wrong, but that is the most sensible assumption.

Comment

*Mrs X stand on soap-box*

There has been no indication that anyone who has asked this is in the oil industry present company excepted. If these questioners are indeed in the oil industry, the the oil company in question certainly has enough money to test the stacks properly under the supervision of a consulting expert, rather than getting opinions from people who aren't there, are only given half the information required, and are not being paid for their efforts, therefore can't be held responsible for the results.

Sorry to be harsh, but H2S is dangerous and needs to be carefully monitored and thoroughly scrubbed.

Whether you like it or not, oil companies have an environmental moral responsibility to make sure they are doing this properly. The fact that they try and cut costs and save money is laughable, given the mega disasters involving oil in the last few years.

A bit of ethics could go a LONG way.

Comment

convert ppm to mole

i need to convert 1000 ppm of plant extract into 1 mole

Comment

Working...
                X