Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight calculation from available length, width in mm and weight in micron for film

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight calculation from available length, width in mm and weight in micron for film

Can someone assist me in calculating weight from available length, width in mm and weight in micron for BOPP film?

I want to calculate weight of 650 meters roll BOPP film of 40 microns and 2 inches width.

Re: Weight calculation from available length, width in mm and weight in micron for film

Originally posted by jmehta129
    Can someone assist me in calculating weight from available length, width in mm and weight in micron for BOPP film?

I want to calculate weight of 650 meters roll BOPP film of 40 microns and 2 inches width.
    You need to know the density of the film in grams per cubic centimeter. You also need to change all the units to a single unit (I'll use centimeters) and calculate the volume.
    650 m = 65000 cm, 2" = 5.08 cm, and 40 m = 0.004 cm. The volume of the tape is 65000 cm x 5.08 cm x 0.004 cm = 1321 cm

Just multiply by the density and you will have the mass in grams.

Comment

Re: Weight calculation from available length, width in mm and weight in micron for fi

i want to know about micron, uses for bopp materials & shrink film

Comment

Re: Weight calculation from available length, width in mm and weight in micron for fi

Originally posted by mayurtrade View Post
        i want to know about micron, uses for bopp materials & shrink film
        Micron is an obsolete term for the micrometer, one-millionth of a meter, or one thousandth of a millimeter. 25.4 m = 0.001 inches (1 mil).

In spite of being officially deprecated, it is used a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by jmehta129 View Post

bopp + ld + Polyester formula

Comment

[QUOTE= conversion formula from roll length to roll outer dimension

Comment

What is the density of BOPP?

Comment

Density of BOPP Film

close to 0.91g/cm3

Comment

Re: Density of BOPP Film

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                  close to 0.91g/cm3
                  What is the density for PVC Film

Comment

Re: Density of BOPP Film

What is the density for PVC Film
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyvinyl_chloride

1.1 - 1.35g/mL

Comment

Re: lenght calculation from available , width in meter and weight in kg

how to calculate the lenght of 20 micron film with 11.800 kg and width 1.2 meter

Comment

Re: lenght calculation from available , width in meter and weight in kg

how to calculate the lenght of 20 micron film with 11.800 kg and width 1.2 meter
                        You need to know the density of the film. Divide by the density to get total volume, then divide by the known width and thickness to get length.

You don't identify the film material. For a made-up example, assume BOPP, given in an earlier post as 910 kg/m
                        11.8 kg x 1 m/910 kg = 0.01297 m

0.01297 m x 1/1.2 m x 1/20 x 10-6 m = 540.3 m

Note the answer would be different for different density films.

Comment

12 microns film , 635 mm width ,1000 meters

Comment

Originally posted by JohnS View Post
                            You need to know the density of the film in grams per cubic centimeter. You also need to change all the units to a single unit (I'll use centimeters) and calculate the volume.
                            650 m = 65000 cm, 2" = 5.08 cm, and 40 m = 0.004 cm. The volume of the tape is 65000 cm x 5.08 cm x 0.004 cm = 1321 cm

Just multiply by the density and you will have the mass in grams.
                            i want to calculate 20 cm x 40 cm 23 microns film
                            then how we calculate weight

Comment

i want to calculate 20 cm x 40 cm 23 microns film
                              then how we calculate weight
                              The volume is 20 cm x 40 cm x 0.0023 cm = 1.84 cm
                              I don't know the density of your film in g/cm but you need it to go any further. Just multiply by density.

Comment

Working...
                              X