Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• converting gallons to pounds

Please help me convert gallons to pounds. 9320 gallons to ? pounds

We have 55 gallon drums on different hazardous waste like Latex paint. I need to know how many pounds it is for a 55 gallon drum of Latex paint.

Re: converting gallons to pounds

Originally posted by Unregistered

We have 55 gallon drums on different hazardous waste like Latex paint. I need to know how many pounds it is for a 55 gallon drum of Latex paint.
    You need to know the density, and the different materials likely have different densities.

Water is 8.33 lb/gal. Because of the weight of pigments, paints seem a good deal heavier than water, but I can't give you a figure. You need to identify all the materials and their respective density, however,

Comment

I need to know how many pounds it is for 2,226 gallons of hazardous paint.
      I need to know how many pounds it is for 972 gallons of non-hazardous paint.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        I need to know how many pounds it is for 2,226 gallons of hazardous paint.
        I need to know how many pounds it is for 972 gallons of non-hazardous paint.
        Different paints have different densities. As we don't know what those densities are, you'll need to weigh a gallon of each and exterpolate the data.

If you don't have access to the material, you'll need to call the manufacturer, if known.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnS View Post
          You need to know the density, and the different materials likely have different densities.

Water is 8.33 lb/gal. Because of the weight of pigments, paints seem a good deal heavier than water, but I can't give you a figure. You need to identify all the materials and their respective density, however,
          It all depends on the specific gravety of your item. Specific gravity refers to the weight of a liquid/gas compared to another substance almost always water for liquids and air for gasses Most paints and oils have a specific gravity of less than one hense less pounds per gallon. Motor oil for example is 6# per gal, gasoline about 6.15

Comment

Universal Plumbing Code Conversion Table

multiply gallons x 8.3453 = pounds of water

Comment

Working...
            X