Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diesel Generator to KWH

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Diesel Generator to KWH

    I have a 500KWH generator that uses 135.14 L/H

    how many KWH are in 1 liter of Diesel

    Thanks in Advance
    BTSP

  • #2
    Re: Diesel Generator to KWH

    Originally posted by btsp
    I have a 500KWH generator that uses 135.14 L/H

    how many KWH are in 1 liter of Diesel

    Thanks in Advance
    BTSP
    You probably mean you have a 500 kW generator. That is a power rating. The energy is that power times the hours run. But in an hour it will produce 500 kWh

    1 kWh = 3.6 MJ, so 500 kWh = 1.8 GJ

    Diesel has an energy content (higher heating value) of 137380 BTU/gal according to to US DoE. That converts to 38.29 MJ/L. If 135.14 L are consumed in an hour, that is 5.174 GJ.

    So your generator is using 5.174 GJ of thermal energy to produce 1.8 GJ of electrical energy and a lot of waste heat (that's why engines have cooling systems.)

    If you are looking at alternate fuels, they should be compared on basis of lower heating value (repeat above using 128450 BTU/gal)

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Diesel Generator to KWH

      cheers thanks, my numbers were the same as yours so that's good.

      BTSP

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Diesel Generator to KWH

        Ihave 1oookg of lpg iwant convert to mj

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Diesel Generator to KWH

          Originally posted by chaluuky View Post
          Ihave 1oookg of lpg iwant convert to mj
          A fuels table from US Dept. of Energy list 46.6 MJ/kg as typical for LPG. So 1000 kg would be 46.6 GJ (gigajoules)

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Diesel Generator to KWH

            Originally posted by btsp View Post
            I have a 500KWH generator that uses 135.14 L/H

            how many KWH are in 1 liter of Diesel

            Thanks in Advance
            BTSP
            Hi,here is Lega Power
            The oil consumption is a little bit different between different brand generator.For example.The Cummins KTAA19 series(About 500 kw),the oil consumption is 113 liter/hour.And the perkins 2806C series(About 520 kw) is 118 liter/hour.

            Any question please contact me.
            sean @ legapower.com
            www .legapower .com

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Diesel Generator to KWH

              Originally posted by JohnS View Post
              You probably mean you have a 500 kW generator. That is a power rating. The energy is that power times the hours run. But in an hour it will produce 500 kWh

              1 kWh = 3.6 MJ, so 500 kWh = 1.8 GJ

              Diesel has an energy content (higher heating value) of 137380 BTU/gal according to to US DoE. That converts to 38.29 MJ/L. If 135.14 L are consumed in an hour, that is 5.174 GJ.

              So your generator is using 5.174 GJ of thermal energy to produce 1.8 GJ of electrical energy and a lot of waste heat (that's why engines have cooling systems.)

              If you are looking at alternate fuels, they should be compared on basis of lower heating value (repeat above using 128450 BTU/gal)
              This is quite impressive. Please I'll appreciate it if u can also answer this question for me.
              How much heat is generated from a 500kW generator and how can this heat produce 1MW of electricity? Thanks in advance.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Diesel Generator to KWH

                The generator capacity is given in KVA (Kilo Volt Ampere)

                The fuel consumption for energy generation largely depends on the load factor (i.e. at low the fuel consumption per KWH will be more)

                At 65-70% load factor (failrly good load factor), you should get 3 KWH per litre

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Diesel Generator to 63 KWH/ disel consumtion in / hour

                  The generator capacity is given in KVA (63 Kilo Volt Ampere)

                  The fuel consumption for energy generation largely depends on the load factor (i.e. 50 KWH at low the fuel consumption per KWH will be more)

                  At 65-70% load factor (failrly good load factor), you should get 3 KWH per litre/ hour [/QUOTE]

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Diesel Generator to KWH

                    How to find 160 kvb genset use 4150 liter diesel consum 270 hours produce power in units

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Diesel Generator to KWH

                      Hi, Iwould like to find out how many KWH consumed in pumping out 350,000 Liters of diesel fuel from a storage tank using an electric motor pump with capacity of 0.55KW or 0.76 HP capacity. The hose size used was 1 inch diameter. Appreciate for an answer.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Diesel Generator to KWH

                        Please let me know how much current per phase from 27 KVA generator 3phase 400/230volt- 50Hz we can get. I need exact calculation with details, each phase how much load Amp getting?

                        thanks

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Diesel Generator to KWH

                          Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                          Please let me know how much current per phase from 27 KVA generator 3phase 400/230volt- 50Hz we can get. I need exact calculation with details, each phase how much load Amp getting?

                          thanks
                          Assuming the phase currents are balanced, the power factor is 1, and using the line to neutral voltage, 230 V, then
                          3*I*V = 27000 W or I = 9000/230 = 39 A (in each phase)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Genset Desel And KWH Calculation

                            Hi ,

                            I have two genset one 500kva(Cummins) And another is 250kva,(krilosker)
                            Myquestion is how i calculate desel consumed in a hour and Eletric units also ,please help to explain me.


                            Thanks And Regards,
                            Sunil

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Genset Desel And KWH Calculation

                              Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                              Hi ,

                              I have two genset one 500kva(Cummins) And another is 250kva,(krilosker)
                              Myquestion is how i calculate desel consumed in a hour and Eletric units also ,please help to explain me.


                              Thanks And Regards,
                              Sunil
                              You may find it easier to just measure.

                              If the manufacturer quotes data in liters or kilograms per hour at various loads, you would at least need to measure the load, and multiply by the right fuel consumption.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X