Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Convert ng/mL to nmol/L

Originally posted by chandu View Post
    hi,plz tell me how to convert the ng/ml into nMol/ml?
    my peptide is CCK.
    To convert between grams and moles, you have to know the molecular weight of the substance, which is numerically equal to the molar mass in grams per mole. Divide by the molar mass.

Comment

multiply ng/ml by 2.496 you get nmol/l

Comment

google 'SI Unit Conversion Calculator' which includes a list of different coumpounds for conversion.

Comment

94nmol/L is about 38 ng/ml. This is in the range of "expected" values but is lower than I would want mine to be. I want my level to be 60-70ng/ml. I take 5000units of VD3 daily and leave it off if I am in the Sun for a few hours on a Summer day.
          Latest reviews show a reduction in cancer risk with higher values.
          Meta analysis of pooled dats of breast cancer shows a 50% risk reduction with levels going from 10 ng/ml to 50ng/ml. Also a 80% risk reduction with values going from 10 to 70ng/ml
          in another study. Just raising levels to 42ng/ml showed a risk reduction of 35%.
          So you must decide what you want your levels to be. Get some sun every day and/or supplement with Vitamin D3. Some good sources for you to be reading are:
          mercola com
          vitamindassociation org
          vitamindcouncil org

Comment

If it's vitamin D, multiply nmol/L by 0.4 to get ng/mL. As others have noted, the conversion to or from molar values depends on the substance being measured.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              so according to some, my optimal level of Vit d should be 175nmol and at present it is 94nmol and my gp says this is high enough. What are we to believe.
              >100 - <250 nmol.L is considered the sufficiency range. Above become toxic and below is hypo vitaminosis. The majority of people who live at more northern latitudes (like myself in the UK) and likely to be insufficient (<50 nmol.L) or deficient (<12.5 nmol.L). At the moment there is quite a lot of data suggesting that the EU can save upto 137bn euros per year on healthcare with a vitamin D supplementation programme since so many pathologies stem from insufficiency and deficiency. You can find some great research papers by Zitterman on the subject if you have a look on PubMed.

Hope that gives a little more clarity on your concern

Comment

I need help to convert ng/mL to nmol/L
                of the substance GALANIN that has molecular weight 3157,41

Comment

of the substance GALANIN that has molecular weight 3157,41
                  ng/mL x 1000 mL/L x 1 mol/3157.41 g
                  so just divide by 3.15741.

Comment

can someone convert 56nmol/L to ng/mL for me please!? Having trouble. Thanks

Comment

can someone convert 56nmol/L to ng/mL for me please!? Having trouble. Thanks
                      It depends on the substance and its molecular weight, which is numerically equal to the molar mass. In general, it is different for every substance.

Comment

Can anyone help....my vit D result was 6.92nmol/l in May this year and then in July it tested 17.46 ng/ml.....there are two different units used..is this correct, what unit should it be measured in and has it actually increased..would be obliged if anyone could answer ont he above....

Comment

Can anyone help....my vit D result was 6.92nmol/l in May this year and then in July it tested 17.46 ng/ml.....there are two different units used..is this correct, what unit should it be measured in and has it actually increased..would be obliged if anyone could answer ont he above....
                          The International medical community prefers amount of substance (moles); the US, mass (grams. The conversion depends on the molecular weight of the substance (and adjusting the volume units). JAMA publishes a list of conversion factors: http://jama.ama-assn.org/site/misc/auinst_si.xhtml

They list two for slightly different forms of vitamin D
                          Vitamin D {from, factor, to}
                          1,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D,pg/mL, x2.6, pmol/L
                          25-Hydroxyvitamin D,ng/mL,x2.496,nmol/L
                          Because the units match, I am guessing the second factor is correct, but you should check with your physician. 17.46 ng/mL would convert to 43.6 nmol/L.

Comment

need to convert cortisol form nM/l to ng/ml

Comment

need to convert cortisol form nM/l to ng/ml
                              Per Wikipedia, MW = 362.460 g/mol

1 nmol/L x 362.40 g/mol x 1 L/1000 mL = 0.3624 ng/mL

Note M is shorthand for moles per liter, so M/L is moles per liter per liter

Comment

462 nmol/L= xxxx ng/ml

Comment

Working...
                                X