X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert 10mg/mL to uM

I have 300mg total of chemotherapy drug, it is diluted in 30mL DMSO for a concentration of 10mg/mL. The MW is 637.04. I want to make up a 20uM stock solution - how do I go about doing this conversion?

Re: Convert 10mg/mL to uM

Originally posted by Unregistered
    I have 300mg total of chemotherapy drug, it is diluted in 30mL DMSO for a concentration of 10mg/mL. The MW is 637.04. I want to make up a 20uM stock solution - how do I go about doing this conversion?
    20 ÁM means 20 Ámol/L. The first question is how much solution do you wish to make. Since you didn't say, lets assume 1 L. Then you need 20 Ámol.

The molar mass is 637.04 g/mol, so you need 12741 Ág, of 12.741 mg.

Since it is currently 10 mg/L, you need 1.2741 mL (you may need to round this, depending on how accurately you can measure. Put in a volumetric flask and dilute to 1 L.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      CONVERSION OF mg/l to ÁM/l

Comment

CONVERSION OF mg/l to ÁM/l
        The specific question was answered in post 2. If you are asking "generally," there is no "general" answer. You HAVE to know the substance and its molecular weight, which is also the molar mass in grams per mole.

Comment

Comment

I have 0.05 mg/mL and need it converted to micromolar. How do I do that?

Comment

I have 0.05 mg/mL and need it converted to micromolar. How do I do that?
              Molar is moles per liter. 0.05 mg/ml = 50 mg/L
              Now you need to know the molecular weight of the substance and divide by it to convert grams to moles. The part is substance-specific.

Comment

i have a stock solution of 1mg/ml benzylaminopurine. the MW of benzylaminopurine is 225.26. how much did i need to make a 1L media with 8.8uM benzylaminopurine?

Comment

i have a stock solution of 1mg/ml benzylaminopurine. the MW of benzylaminopurine is 225.26. how much did i need to make a 1L media with 8.8uM benzylaminopurine?
                  You need 8.8 Ámol of benzylaminopurine times 225.26 g/mol = 1.9823 mg.
                  Use 1.9823 mL of stock, dilute to 1 L final volume.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnS View Post
                    20 ÁM means 20 Ámol/L. The first question is how much solution do you wish to make. Since you didn't say, lets assume 1 L. Then you need 20 Ámol.

The molar mass is 637.04 g/mol, so you need 12741 Ág, of 12.741 mg.

Since it is currently 10 mg/L, you need 1.2741 mL (you may need to round this, depending on how accurately you can measure. Put in a volumetric flask and dilute to 1 L.
                    perfect thank you

Comment

Could some1 help out please!

I have a 50mg/ml stock and want to have series of concentrations from 50uM,100uM and 200uM. How do i go about it. I want to have a final volume of 100ml for each. Thanks.

Comment

Re: Could some1 help out please!

I have a 50mg/ml stock and want to have series of concentrations from 50uM,100uM and 200uM. How do i go about it. I want to have a final volume of 100ml for each. Thanks.
                        "M" is shorthand for moles per liter (mol/L). Since you want 0.1 L of each, you need 5 Ámol, 10 Ámol, and 20 Ámol from the stock, each diluted to final volume of 100 mL.

You need the molar mass of the solute to convert between grams and moles. Using it, you can either determine the molar concentration of the stock solution OR you can convert the above amounts (in moles) to grams. The molar mass is an amount in grams numerically equal to the atomic or molecular weight of the species of interest. As you didn't identify the substance, I can't do that for you. You can try looking up the substance in Wikipedia OR calculate from chemical formula and a periodic table that includes atomic weights.

Comment

mg/L x 1000/Mw = uM

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                          Working...
                          X

Debug Information